We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Toyota Supra/Nissan GT-R SOUND!

Skepsis

Hello again guyz,I've abused youtube(and my ears):lol: for more than a few hours to make a sound that I think it's spot on for these two 6 cilinder:D turbo powered ninjaz!:D Some notes:It's made from games own samples,but modified+bov. It goes up to 7500rpm should you wish to put it on any other car. **to get the same sound,you must have transmission noises turned waaay down and turbo few dBs up!**-but fear not,if you don't want to do that yourself manually,you can use my "common.bnk" file.:)

And finally,to get the same performance/gear ratios etc, I did in this movies, you must bodyswap Supra for Noble M14(excelent handling) and GT-R for Farboud GTS(slightly madder,but still great fun)!:thumbsup:

...just a word of warning,if you didn't notice in the movies,cockpit views aren't right,so if that's the view you only play from(like bonnet view for me) then consider other cars for bodyswap.;)

Without further adue..enjoy!:excited:

Sound:

http://files.filefront.com/noble+m14+audiobnk/;13273309;/fileinfo.html

Videos:

common.bnk file(in the same folder all the other car sounds are):

http://files.filefront.com/Commonbnk/;13273413;/fileinfo.html

So this is the sound for both cars? O.o' is it from GTR samples or Supra samples, you know, a GTR sounding a Supra or vice versa wouldn't be very nice.

But still I appreciate your effort on making a sound for these cars.

Well if you must know:cheeky:,sound samples are originally from 350Z(from the game),but amped up and modified . So if you look at it that way,that's nissan's V6 right there,;)but after my...tuning:D, they sound much more powerful/raspier/meatier/grunty than the stock supra or gt-r. I was going for that cat-back throaty tuned sound and I think I did just fine:o...and in the end,I think that nissan's V6 resembles the supra a bit more:cheeky:,but who cares when it sounds that good eh?:drool: I love slaming that gas pedal with this sound....and downshifting too!:excited:

Anyhoo,not to leave it just on my words alone,listen for yourself and compare:

Supra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTCLP_A90c&feature=PlayList&p=4FB000EC0A14CB3B&playnext=1&index=44

p.s. And although I've put the same sound on noble and farboud, the end result is a bit different which is "odd"(each car develops the power(you can hear it through slightly different accenting through the rpm range) in it's own way,but cool as they end up not sounding exactly the same!;)

Maplecars & Shy Guy: Well,350Z/GT-R have practically the same V6 engine,so they also sound similar!(and supra's inline-6 also sounds really close!):cool:

...and btw as I've said, I wasn't going for the stock sounds of these cars,but that cat-back tuned sound which you can hear if you follow the links on my post few posts up!;) (as for the dyno run sound,that's with the open bonnet and the camera is right by it,so that's not the sound you really hear when you're driving it!:cheeky:

rdmracer: what do you mean?

Guest RB26DETT
    Maplecars & Shy Guy: Well,350Z/GT-R/Supra all have similar V6 engines,so they also sound similar!(not to mention Z/GTR r both nissan...):cool:

...and btw as I've said, I wasn't going for the stock sounds of these cars,but that cat-back tuned sound which you can hear if you follow the links on my post few posts up!;) (as for the dyno run sound,that's with the open bonnet and the camera is right by it,so that's not the sound you really hear when you're driving it!:cheeky:

rdmracer: what do you mean?

Supra has an I-6 engine. :p

I really like this sound; I want to use it to replace the current sound I have for the Skyline. How do I do this?

Well you just rename this file to skygtr_audio.bnk and overwrite it,or rename your current file to something else and this one to skygtr_audio.bnk. Simple as that.:)

p.s. I hope that "thumb down" is a mistake!;)

• 2 weeks later...
    It doesn't sound as good w/o those turbo sounds turned up I guess.

How about you, or some one else, making one with sounds from that GT570 HKS kit (see video that "maple" posted)

[listen to the GTR in this video, beautiful]

Well, it's not that much different then in that video,but I know what you mean,I'd also would like to have a perfect sound, however, hearing a great sound in youtube video and having USABLE sound for samples are two very different things,so until I run into some great samples,it ain't gonna happen by itself.;)

Nice sounds will try them soon but I wanted to also compliment on the supra Drift video youve made very good drifter.:thumbsup:

I try...:o:D:o

Seriously, I love drifting,but in this game ,with it's buggy physics, like moon gravity and maximum understeer(HC mode of course),the only thing you can do is to flick it sidewise to negotiate turns, so I don't mind doing it!;):lol:

• 1 month later...