We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Police Siren

M-47

Hi, this is my first sound mod, hope you like it.

It is a better sounding version of the police siren, Basically the sound is from the new "Rumbler" the Cops are using nowadays in the US. There are three versions, one which is just a normal siren, and one with a 'horn' at the end, and one which is an alternating siren (3 different sounds) like real cops cars.

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DJEY'S MAGIC MAP :

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3739

Instructions:

1. Use Djey's modding tools and open Common.bnk located in X:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Vehicules

2. Replace the "Police_Siren_Loop_2" with one of the three files.

If you want my opinion, the long version is the best but it will only work if you use the modding tools, not the BNK editor.

Feel Free to edit the sounds and release them, but remember who created them... ;)

With sound mods, it is always good to try and get a video of the sound onto YouTube. This way people are able to see what they're downloading :) Just like with pictures for the texture mods.

However sometimes things like FRAPS don't run decently enough. You could always try just a simple audio recorder like Audacity (Which is free!). And shove the audio track onto youtube.

um... maybe some one else can do it coz no recorder works on my PC 4 some reason, sounds don't come, just video :confused: , I've tried fraps and Xfire recorders and none get the sound, I'll really appreciate it if someone can upload a video with the 3 different sounds :D, BTW, it's very similar to the one in the video above, just edited a bit.

I plugged this mod in last night and I like it very much!

Although the cops are never around when you need them, right?

I was able to get up close to a couple of cops that collided :confused:at an intersection, so I slowly crept up to them as they just sat there motionless only lights flashing on one car and was able to hear the sirens go thru thier entire cycle.

Another touch that makes this game still worthy of repeat playback.:excited:

Thanx + rep

Very well done indeed!:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...