We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Proven Solution to fix TDU freezing

cheez

Guys, I found it. I.... found it.....

If you know your PC system is stable and your TDU game randomly freezes either when you try to leave your garage/home or even while you are driving, do the following:

Go to - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\TDU

and delete radial.cdb

if you don't see that file, it's hidden. On your Explorer go to - Tools | Folder Options | View tab | select Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files.

you should then see radial.cdb.

This file will be recreated automatically when you start playing the game. So remove it about once every week or twice a week depending on how much you play. If you play like crazy (15 hrs / day) then I suggest you remove it every 2 days or everyday.... Now I get ZERO lockup's or freezes... completely stable. I have tested this for 3 weeks now and shown the sign that it is stable. I even tried it for hours when my room was super hot (90F) and the game keeps going and going no freeze. So it wasn't the heat problem. It was the f#@kin game. hehe

;)

Hi what does that file actually do like whats in it? if anyone knows.

I'm guessing it could be some kind of log file that might be related with savegames? i don't know.:confused: When I get home I'll try to open it up and see what's in it. Anyone has this info please jump in.

:)

You found it?

This has been around for ages.

no I'm not referring to the radial.cdb file itself. You darn well know I didn't write that file.:lol: I know people found it that was the culprit a long ago. What I meant was to 'remove' it once every week instead of just deleting it once and leave it like that. Cause deleting it once won't cut it.

Na i still cant find it....looked with hidden/non hidden still didnt see it

what operating system u running?

btw, I tried to open the radial.cdb via notepad and shows unrecognized/ unreadable characters.:lol: Some special tool/viewer will be needed to view this. I don't really care what's in it though. I just delete it and problem solved.

no I'm not referring to the radial.cdb file itself. You darn well know I didn't write that file.:lol: I know people found it that was the culprit a long ago. What I meant was to 'remove' it once every week instead of just deleting it once and leave it like that. Cause deleting it once won't cut it.

He means the solution for fixing freezing in TDU. This method has been around for donkeys. We know deleting it once won't cut it. Some of us even go to the extent of removing it every time before they start TDU. Please use the search button next time.

Thanks Iced_Donut for the link...i was checking in the right area etc but i wasnt checking the box to unhide the protected windows files...once i unchecked it the radial.cdb file showed up....am running XP Home Edition SP3

I told you that twice already! You should be thanking me..:-x

:)

sorry cheezyour right you did say.... i didnt know there was another box to uncheck i was thinking you ment the usually hidden box....yes i didnt read all your post i just saw the word hidden and went yeah i know where that box is....but when i saw the picture in the link i saw there was another box to untick....thanks tho was my mistake

He means the solution for fixing freezing in TDU. This method has been around for donkeys. We know deleting it once won't cut it. Some of us even go to the extent of removing it every time before they start TDU. Please use the search button next time.

Understood. Thanks for the suggestion. :)