We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fuel; Codemasters

eleKtro

Lol I just noticed the stupid spine printing. Plus mine came with a pre order car code. Those of you that got one with Grid will recall how they are not M$ Redeem codes and can therefore be used infinite times by anyone. I have a "Exclusive Warrior" so hit me up if you want the code for it. (XBox 360 Only)

Does it have interior views on the cars?

No.

Graphics: Average

Gameplay: Poor

Longevity: Moderate

Despite having loads of vehicles and a huge environment the lack of licenses and repetitive nature of the career mode mean I shan't be playing this for very long. Already want to go back on Left 4 Dead.

For anyone interested the install (XBox 360) is 4.5GB

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Graphics: Average

Gameplay: Poor

Longevity: Moderate

Despite having loads of vehicles and a huge environment the lack of licenses and repetitive nature of the career mode mean I shan't be playing this for very long. Already want to go back on Left 4 Dead.

Yep, pretty much the same as the reviews I've seen. They seem to have focussed all their energies on the massive environment and how revolutionary etc. it all is, but then forgotten about the actual gameplay.

Hmm, a lot of people seem to be rating this game really badly without actually giving it a chance. Granted at first I didn't like it too much, but now that I've played a bit more I'm really getting into it.

I wouldn't really trust reviews too much though, after all they're just someones opinion, which may well differ from your own, which in my case seems to be true.

I still don't really like it to be honest. I went online today. There seems to be no way of actually seeing who is in your session unless you ask each person for their tag. The tags are displayed above cars but that's only if you are near them and with 14000 square kilometers this isn't often the case. Hopefully an update might bring a player list to freeride.

The graphics still bug me. In freeride it's actually not too bad but some of the vehicles have really poor textures on them especially during races it seems. Then of course there is the weather. It is dynamic which I really like but the way it's presented is quite lazy in my opinion. For example during a hurricane or tornado you get the same 10 generic black pieces of... whatever they are flying around the screen constantly yet the surrounding sand or loose topsoil remains intact. I could go on, but I won't.

I have a few friends who play this game and I have had some fun on it so I won't totally can it but I will have to say it is a bit of a let down.

P.S. We'll save vehicle handling for another day.

• 4 weeks later...

This game turns out to be an utter rubbish. More and more ppl complaining it's boring, physics are way worse even than NFS', scenery is wast but repetitive, u rarely can witness any of promised hurricanes, vehicle handling is the same no matter the surface ..............so it's a big NO NO!

I guess we have to wait for TDU2....;)

This game turns out to be an utter rubbish. More and more ppl complaining it's boring, physics are way worse even than NFS', scenery is wast but repetitive, u rarely can witness any of promised hurricanes, vehicle handling is the same no matter the surface ..............so it's a big NO NO!

I guess we have to wait for TDU2....;)

Haha, so wrong. Fuel is a great game, with great free roam, a vast selection of vehicles, really fun exploring online with friends, this game was a great play. Not too much longevity, but that's true of many new games these days.

The Game is frustrating...

However, the sheer size of it in freeride though is awfully impressive, you can drive for well over an hour without crossing the map fully and with friends I enjoyed it. Only downside in the vastness of the environment is that even with 16 players it feels totally deserted. I don't know what the prices are like for it right now but for £30 or so it's decent.

... physics are way worse even than NFS', scenery is wast but repetitive, u rarely can witness any of promised hurricanes, vehicle handling is the same no matter the surface ..............;)

Nobody actually confirmed if this is true or not. If this is an even worse arcade than NFS, forget it...:oook:

The most recent NFS I've played is Most Wanted, and I can safely say I way prefer the handling of the vehicles on FUEL. I can see how some might say the scenery is repetitive, but that's because the map is so vast, and at the start, you are secluded to a few zones, whereas the different landscapes are way across the map from you. I havn't seen any hurricanes in free ride, however I know there are 3 races throughout the game where you are garunteed hurricane weather, not sure whther you get it in free roam though. Finally, vehicle handling is most certainly not the same on every surface, it becomes very apparent when you go from a few offroad races in a row on to a road race that the handling is clearly different. Hope that answers your questions.