We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU 2 Translation from French site...

Judasneon

OK firstly let me say sorry for posting this here I know that there is a special section for TDU2 but it will NOT allow me to open a new thread there to place this so if this can be moved thats great.

OK what follows is a translation from: http://www.tdu2.fr/

A small update to the news yesterday! (to see the screens in large format, visit the forum)

Indeed, new artworks done on their appearances! but, like half to two screens TDU1 half TDU2 ...

But that draw these cartoons and "screens"? waiting for the answer that you know all ...

There are still a lot of promising things ... petrol gauge, climatic conditions, improved personalization of the character and so on. All this will happen concervé in the final game?

You should know that many things have been abandoned on the first album because of time ... this may well be the case on this new game ... Nothing is known about the status of test drive unlimited 2 ... I recall once again to all, if these screens can give us good hope for the future, do not fall in the euphoria if the risk of being disappointed. (it will be hard, I know ^ ^)

In recent days, appeared a small number of artworks on the official theme of TDU 2.

It is unclear where they go out except that they have, it seems, been seen for the first time on this site.

After collected, to be sure it is not once again rumors or other fakes, I have sent to Mr NADAL to learn a little more. You know our policy ^ ^. Answer a few hours later he is still drawing Artwork by some artist, but there is already a good time.

I now come to what he said, "relevance is relative. This research is no longer valid. "

So to summarize, do not ignite on these drawings, it is undeniably beautiful indeed, but which are just ideas. To recall, but I am almost certain that you already know, the artworks are only works of art to showcase a product.

Take the sketch of a car designer and watch the car that will result, the transition can be successful and a true copy of the vision of the artist as something much more down to earth and therefore less engaging ... We shall see!

And yes, work for many weeks (months?), The site remained inactive if not to abandon.

I grant you, big questions about the future of our projects TDU 2. On the one hand for economic reasons (I will not go above) but also from a lack of time.

Lack of time forced us to finally move the site and forum http://www.testdriveunlimited.fr read-only, to enable us to fully devote little brother who, little by little, grows well in warm offices Lyon.

I can reassure you right away, the site you see today is not what I promised you ais!

I am very far from the design that I want to put in place. It lacks many things, some ergonomic concerns, etc. various bugs.

As much detail as I correct my free time allows me, and according to your remarks that I hope many.

And there you are certainly now you ask a legitimate question: "So why reopen the site if it is not finished?" ...

As I spoke in long, slowly trying to establish a link between the community and developer Eden Games. A really difficult mission I must admit (ago anyway 3years lol).

After a long silence from Mr NADAL, he contacted me by mail for several days.

The reason for his silence is very simple, Eden Games is moving to go to 1 place Verrazzano in Lyon, this address tells you something? Normal is where Atari is already installed!

The move was very long and to have visited the premises of Eden Games in developing TDU1, I can tell you that there was a merry "****"!

Today Thursday, 5 February, I phoned Mr NADAL. In the middle of a meeting, I have not kept long. So I go, always call, tomorrow at 18.30.

I will discuss several topics with him. I will not detail here for reasons very simple;

Some things may be "confidential" or with respect to the game or my personal projects on the community.

I will give you a summary as complete as possible that evening, hoping to have the right to give you some details. In any case, I prefer to tell you, do not expect detailed info, screens and so on. Atari / Eden project remain under surveillance!

In this conversation, a conclusion is drawn: The project does TDU2 deserves'il a community? Atari policy was unacceptable TDU1, this time they will be flawless!

France 3 chain, in particular; FR3 Rhône-Alpes, Auvergne conducted in a series of reports about the video games industry in the Lyon region. It was broadcast from 3 to 7 March, but a rerun was held some days ago.

The spread is local, you are likely to not being able to see these relatively small interesting stories, It addresses both the schools of video games, the game itself or some interviews of people of importance.

Among these 5 videos, is devoted entirely to Infogrames and Eden Games. Oldest of the site there a few places reconnaitrons picture taken by us there a little less than two years for our story.

Ok make of that what you want but it all looks very promising to me hope that you all find this a good translation,

Regards

Judasneon

• 4 months later...