We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A few questions about modding the music.

Kurgan777

So far I've been pretty successful with changing out the music that came with the game to some stuff that I actually like.

1. Is there a maximum limit for the number of songs in each station? Right now I've got 25+ in each station.

2. Is there a way to go to the next song on the same station instead of changing the station?

3. Is there a way to get songs to play sequentially instead of randomized? It keeps going back to the same 5 or 6 songs over and over, it's starting to drive me nuts.

4. Is it possible to add a whole new station and get it to work even though it won't have a station icon in the HUD?

Guest RB26DETT

you do know you can add your own music in the game instead of swapping the current radio station songs like what you're doing. :cheeky:

make a folder in and drop your MP3 files in there.

C:/Documents and Settings/*your name*/My Documents/Test Drive Unlimited/savegame/*your TDU profile*/Radio.

to go to the next song, DOUBLE TAP the next button in order to switch songs within a station.

Sounds easy enough, but one question...

In GTA San Andreas, you could add custom soundtracks to the PC version just by creating shortcuts to the MP3's that were elsewhere on the PC.

Since all my music is on my F drive, and the Radio folders would be on the C drive, would the shortcuts work in this game as well, or does it have to be full files?

if you're adding m3u files, they have to be created in the radio folder or otherwise it will crash. Read the manual, it gives detailed instructions on how to do it. (If you don't have the manual, there's a .pdf on your disc/install, depending how you got the game

• 2 weeks later...

Is the 30 song limit for the 4 built in radio stations, or does that count for the self-made folders as well???

Because if it counts for both, I hate it.

For whatever reason, I'm only allowed to make 4 extra folders in the Radio folder, any other folders get completely ignored by the game.