We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TheScottishSpotter's Photography Topic! *Update : 10/07/09 !*

The Queen

I would try and darken the background a bit (maybe play with the curves or select it separately and turn down the exposure), and also re-do the numberplate to make it look more realistic - it needs to look like its just a blank numberplate, rather than blanked out.

But everything else is damn perfect for my liking :)

I couldn`t say it better. Try it David, it should do. :)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah like Speedtouch said, only complaints are the overexposed background and the-not-quite-real-looking number plate.

Maybe you should try limiting yourself to only the most basic of exposure and colour fixing, so we can see your skill in its undiluted glory (cheesy, I know...). Tbh, I really don't like it when people go over the top with PS, particularly when doing proper pictures cos then it means someone who's merely a good photographer can then baselessly claim he's a great one. I stick to the notion that if some minor detail happens to be in your picture or something else creeped into the edge because you pointed the camera a few deg off, then tough, because those are things you should know to look out for and avoid if you're a properly good photographer. Photoshop is basically cheating. Not to say that you're a bad photographer (quite the contrary in fact) but it's just my opinion as another photographer... Please don't take the above comments to heart ;)

Good comment Car Freak. I don't usually do too much photoshopping infact. It's only usually touching up the colours and sharpness. I mean thats all I did to that picture. Never used any blur or anything and never cloned anything. Just touched up the colours, sharpened it a bit and filled in the plate. (I hate seeing exposed plates as it's a way for people to check up on the car etc... and all i'm interested in is the type of car and overall image. ;))

I can't really sort the background without ruining the image. To be honest, I wasn't looking for it to be an amazing image, just saw the opportunity and took the plunge and was quite pleased with the outcome apart from the background.

Anyway I think I will leave this one as theres not too much I can do in an edit, however if anybody has the urge to edit, go ahead. ;)

Next photo coming later today!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated this in a while but I thought I might as well tonight. I guess I have forgotten this thread. I know I said I would update with a photo every day but it's not always possible. So I will start again from now and update when I can. ;)

About a week ago decided to take some shots of one of my most treasured 1/18 models. Made by CMC Modelle so the quality and detail is absolutely breathtaking. It even has a leather belt around the spare wheel which is kept safe in the boot. I wanted to try and get a photo showing the cover as if the car was emerging, while retaining the classic image of the car. Did I succeed?

#12 - Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage by CMC Modelle

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/TheScottishSpotter/IMG_8567edit3.jpg

Comments and crits welcomed! ;)

• 2 months later...

Mainly because of Koenigsegg forcing me to, for reasons which will not be broadcasted on this forum, i'm reviving this topic after 2 months or so. :cheeky:

As you all know I have been to London twice and also attended a Goodwood Breakfast Meet, while I was on holiday down in Poole for 2 weeks. I will be posting images from these places over the coming weeks, so look out for updates on this thread. I am going to attempt to update this topic every day starting from today and seeing as it's the summer holidays I should have the time to do it. ;)

First shot is of an orange Lamborghini Diablo 6.0. This car was stunning and was in the right colour and had a spoiler which made it one of my favourites of the day as it was the perfect combination. I felt this shot needed selective colouring causing the colours on the Diablo to really stick out. If you look closely you can even see the furby inside on the right hand side behind the windscreen!

#13 - Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 Litre and Furby! - Selective Colouring

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/tss_tduc/IMG_4763edit2tdu-c1.jpg

Flickr image link

The tunnel and the bit behind it's a little distracting, my eyes kept bringing themselves back there, even with the selective desat

Other than that, great shot, love Furbies :p

Yea maybe you should crop off a bit of the photo so that we don't see the road coming out the other end of the tunnel. Nice shot nevertheless!

Thanks for the crits guys. I actually quite liked the tunnel, didn't feel it was too distracting etc.. but I will try and edit and leave out the tunnel and see what you think. ;)

Mainly because of Koenigsegg forcing me to, for reasons which will not be broadcasted on this forum, i'm reviving this topic after 2 months or so. :cheeky:

Oi. :stinks::p

#13 - Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 Litre and Furby! - Selective Colouring

Flickr image link

As I said before, lovely shot, colours turned out great. :)