We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fast and Furious Cars

"Hedge"

First, I never put out any kind of "attitude" in that post but you'll get one now that you came back with your own attitude and the wrong facts.......The Mustang GT500E is NOT in Tokyo Drift, it's in the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds. The GT500E is Eleanor-II. The first Eleanor in the first version of Gone in 60 Seconds was a 1973 Mach 1 with false Boss 351 badging.

Second, we're talking about MOVIES here, that beat up Monte (and it really was fairly beat up and rusted) could NOT beat a Viper in a real world race, the numbers don't lie.

In the movie I don't ever remember seeing the engine in the Monte, so you don't have a clue what was in it, but if we're going off of what it had in it back in 1970, it was a bog stock Chevy 350 Smallblock bumping out 350 horsepower maximum (on race gas). With the Monte's heavier overall weight and stock gearing, there's no way it could beat that Viper when it's a lighter car bumping 500 horsepower and superior numbers all around.

Third, that Mustang in the movie was a 1968 Fastback with false badging and an aftermarket hood, it wasn't "GT" anything, especially not a GT500E which is a totally different movie.....

The '68 Fastback has already been done by Tool, and a set of rims that's close enough has already been done by someone else and is packaged in with a 1967 Pontiac GTO. Combine that with a standard Skyline sound and the car is done. It makes a nice combination when the rim size is set right, check the attachment.

Fourth, you REALLY don't want to use the FnF movies as a basis for what's possible in a real car, there's WAY too many realism screwups to count in those movies. In the 1st movie, the yellow R33 Skyline would have owned all the rest of the cars, including the RX-7 and the puny Eclipse. Plus there's no way for any musclecar to do wheelstands on cold street tires especially with a 700+ pound blown bigblock sitting on the nose, it takes a burnout on sticky drag tires and a whole lot more horsepower than 900hp to get that done in real life. In 2F2F, they admitted to disabling the traction control and the 4WD system on the R34 Skyline just to get it to drift so it would look better on camera, and the R34 in the movie NEVER actually had the Nitrous hooked up. And if you bothered to pay attention to the road speed of the cars in the movie, you'd know that they never broke 40mph the whole time. In the last movie, they had the 1970 Camaro doing wheelies ON SAND, there's no traction on sand in the real world. That's just a random sampling of the realism problems in those movies, a full account would take weeks to post all of it.

Fifth, for those of you abusing the Rep system just because you don't like someone's opinion on certain cars.......

KNOCK IT OFF ! ! !

The Rep system is NOT to be abused like that. So someone else doesn't like a certain car and you do, GET OVER IT, what you like and other people don't like is going to happen to you a million more times in the real world so GET USED TO IT.

hey take a chill pill, if you dont like the request DONT SAY ANYTHING!

and just because you may not like the cars, it dosent mean no-one else in the world doesnt and that they are "beat up" or "puny"

hey take a chill pill, if you dont like the request DONT SAY ANYTHING!

You're not exactly one to talk when you just called someone else's car request "gross"......

I'm not going to keep my mouth shut just because someone might not like my opinion on something, I don't tolerate that Kindergarten mentality, this is the real world, you're going to hear things you don't like all your life, I suggest you get used to it FAST.

I like the cars just fine when I see the movies, but I do NOT like them after seeing them planted into every moddable car game on the planet by a dozen modders multiple times each, especially when there's literally HUNDREDS of good car models out there that could be done instead, yet those requests get summarily ignored for no good reason.

and just because you may not like the cars, it dosent mean no-one else in the world doesnt and that they are "beat up" or "puny"

This is not opinion, it was part of the movie and no matter how much you don't like it the Monte Carlo in Tokyo Drift really WAS beat up, rusted, primer spots, faded paint, dents, it was about as far from a "perfect car" as you can possibly get, and all that was BEFORE the baseball through the rear window.

The Eclipse used in the first FnF movie, really WAS "puny" in comparison to the rest of the main cars in the movie. It's a pure and simple FACT that front wheel drive cars do NOT make good performance cars, the weight shifting to the back tires on launch kills traction, and high horsepower FWD cars are plagued with monstrous torque-steer which kills handling and steering response.

Some of you really need to get over the Hollywood hype in these movies, there's so many realism mistakes in the FnF movies that you lose count of them just 20 minutes in.

Guest turbo lag
lamborghini 2 still may be a little immature but he is just a kid, give him a break.

Sorry but I can't really agree with that, sure he may be a 'kid' in people's eyes but by registering on a forum like this it's his duty to appear mature and talk with us older ones. What I'm saying is, age shouldn't matter, unless of course they're under 10 years old which is absurd. I was on the internet since I was 11 and I can guarantee to anyone that I wasn't this bad (Not saying lambo2 is)..

--------

On a different note, I fully agree with Kurgan here but I haven't really got any more information or opinions to input to the argument. And a 10 second race doesn't take minutes like in F&F. :cheeky: