We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

3 Questions about live (Please answer)

superhyper

Hi all

As some of you may have already heard,I bought an Xbox 360 elite.

I haven't got it online yet,I must buy the wireless adapter first.

1 question:

Can you go online (to live) with your offline profile? Or do you have to create an online profile also and start all games over and get the achievements again?:confused:

It may be a stupid question but I just need to know!

^SOLVED^

E: Question #2:

If I buy gold live,will the other profiles get gold live?

Question #3:

If I buy MS points and buy the MC:LA South Central premium DLC for example,will the other profiles get it too?

You can use the same profile. When you sign up for live it will ask you to make a GamerTag. For example my Offline profile was called "Tom" but once I signed up for Live I became "NotoriousTWM" and all my saves and everything work as they did before. So there is no worry with the whole offline/online thing.

If you buy Gold it will only be valid on the account you register it to. If you want Gold on more than one account you will have to buy more than one subscription.

As for the content, yes if you buy it the other accounts will be allowed access to it as long as they are on that console, if you move those profiles to another console they won't be allowed access to it anymore and you would have to buy it again. However if you move the account that paid for it you won't be required to buy it again.

You don't connect your gamertag to your profile, it turns your profile into a gamertag. I see you've gone and made Supersantuu via xbox.com. This means that gamertag is now taken so when you turn your offline profile into a gamertag it wont let you use Supersantuu as the name is already registered. If that is the name you wish to use you should go back to XBox.com and delete the account you made.

There is no need to use the Xbox website to create your gamertag, it's best done from your console.

You don't connect your gamertag to your profile, it turns your profile into a gamertag. I see you've gone and made Supersantuu via xbox.com. This means that gamertag is now taken so when you turn your offline profile into a gamertag it wont let you use Supersantuu as the name is already registered. If that is the name you wish to use you should go back to XBox.com and delete the account you made.

There is no need to use the Xbox website to create your gamertag, it's best done from your console.

:lol: aww dammit...

:imwithstupid:

Just to save any confusion, Here is what you'll need to do;

1. Connect your 360 to your network. The 360 should run a network test and tell you if there are any restrictive NAT setting in place.

2. Sign into your offline profile.

3. Bring up your guide menu by pressing the guide button (The Xbox badge on the controller)

4. Click "Join Xbox Live"

[iMPORTANT: Make an adult account, lie about being 18. I know you shouldn't but you have no idea how much hassle you will encounter if you don't. Not only in terms of games you can play and content you can access online but also should you ever want to make it a full account not a child one it's a right pain.]

5. Now you will be presented with various fields about your name, DOB, email, location etc. *Note* You need a valid email to join Live. [Remember: Full Adult Account]

Fill out all these fields, it's pretty basic and anyone who's ever been on the internet will breeze through it.

6. You should be asked to choose a Gamertag, this is where you'll enter "Supersantuu" this will then change the name of your offline profile to "Supersantuu" (if it isn't already called that) and also convert it from an offline to an online profile.

7. Payment. If you have a pre paid card from a store then enter it under the redeem code option, if you're using a credit card then fill out as necessary. (If you don't have a payment method ready don't worry you can still continue but only as a Silver account. You'll just have to redeem the code for Gold via your dashboard later on.)

8. Get on TDU.

Hopefully they are more or less in the correct order, but regardless it gives you the general idea.

Just to save any confusion, Here is what you'll need to do;

1. Connect your 360 to your network. The 360 should run a network test and tell you if there are any restrictive NAT setting in place.

2. Sign into your offline profile.

3. Bring up your guide menu by pressing the guide button (The Xbox badge on the controller)

4. Click "Join Xbox Live"

[iMPORTANT: Make an adult account, lie about being 18. I know you shouldn't but you have no idea how much hassle you will encounter if you don't. Not only in terms of games you can play and content you can access online but also should you ever want to make it a full account not a child one it's a right pain.]

5. Now you will be presented with various fields about your name, DOB, email, location etc. *Note* You need a valid email to join Live. [Remember: Full Adult Account]

Fill out all these fields, it's pretty basic and anyone who's ever been on the internet will breeze through it.

6. You should be asked to choose a Gamertag, this is where you'll enter "Supersantuu" this will then change the name of your offline profile to "Supersantuu" (if it isn't already called that) and also convert it from an offline to an online profile.

7. Payment. If you have a pre paid card from a store then enter it under the redeem code option, if you're using a credit card then fill out as necessary. (If you don't have a payment method ready don't worry you can still continue but only as a Silver account. You'll just have to redeem the code for Gold via your dashboard later on.)

8. Get on TDU.

Hopefully they are more or less in the correct order, but regardless it gives you the general idea.

You might want to register as 21 to be really safe! I once put a child account on my MSN and it was a true hassle. I'm glad I lied for my XBL account and put 21, and that changed all of my information, and now it all works.

• 2 weeks later...