We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TL's Picks + Tool831's Diablo GTR Preview [Post #72]

Guest turbo lag

Guest turbo lag
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest turbo lag

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate it. Here's a small tutorial I whipped up, it's quite easy. All you need is Photoshop, preferably.

First of all, select the Elliptic Marquee Tool found on the toolbox.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

This step can be skipped when you're use to it... Go to View, then pick Rulers and then Show, then Grid. This will help you select the part of the light you want to do. I personally find it easier to do it by hand, although I think the grid is the best way to start.

Now select your light with the tool. If you don't get it right the first time, don't worry just hit Ctrl + D to deselect.

Now after selecting this, go to Filter, Render, Lens Flare. Then press 105mm Prime, and click on exactly where the light source is. Now adjust the slider to what ever percentage you'd like to have. Usually around 150% is the optimum unless you want to go a hell of a lot more brighter. After you've done this hit Ok.

After you hit Ok, you'll see your light like this. Now hit Ctrl + D to deselect what you've chosen.

Now go back to the toolbox and select the Custom Shape Tool. Then pick the Shape: button and choose a shape similar to what I have chosen. Be sure to make the colour white while you're at it. You can choose a slightly more blue colour for white lights if you'd like to.

Now make your shape, and place the inside part where the light source is. Hard to explain, but something like this:

Now go to Window, then press Layers to bring up a box like this. Right click on Rasterize Layer. Doing so could bring up a message box sometimes, but just ignore it as it won't affect anything.

So now we've got our image on the lights.

Now select the Blur tool. Set it to however much strength you want and blur the shape as much as you think is necessary.

Now just hit the Flatten Layers button, right click on Shape 1.

And you're done!

Guest turbo lag
Nice pics mate. BTW, realted to your rig spec, the 9600gt isn't even close to the 8800gt...

I've heard that the 9600GT 512 is basically an 8800GT 512 rebadged. How is it different?

• 3 weeks later...