We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What car to buy as my first love;)

Tard666Evil

Hi

after this summer i'm going to buy my first car:D:D:D:D The cars i have picked out is 2 german timeless classics(leased i think so)

the opel manta:D

http://www.cruisewolf.no/fin80Manta.jpg

BMW 320i E30 coupe:D

http://carshadow.com/coppermine/albums/slike1/BMW_E30_8.JPG

i can't choose myself and would just like to know what others think about them:) i'm looking for something wich cost a max of 2000P(eanuts)= 20 000NOK

what's good and currently for sale in Norway

Opel: It is a car wich need a new paintjob other than that it is in very good shape. most of the Manta's for sale are either expensive or a lifetime project. the one i've been looking at(the site is in norwegian

,but look at the pic's. they don't need translation)

http://www.autodb.no/cgi-bin/car/detail.pl?nr=2108521#bilder

Translation:

"Description

Well maintained manta B. clear varnish flake on the bonnet and frontwing, rust in the right channel. eu-aprooved this year. is without signs, but they are just to get out. annual fee not paid.

sold as it stands.

send mail for info"

BMW E30

I think it is an awsome car. it has a great engine and looks and sounds wicked. though not as awsome as the opel. the bad is that most out for sale are tuned to destruction. so the engines are ruined. many have had styling so they are ugly. many have had engine swaps to the 2.5L straight six(don't need the power as far as first cars go) it is allso more expensive to get the car that i want with the right specs.

one out for sale that is not ruined:

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/object?finnkode=17148528

translation:

"Description

The Bmw is still for sale because of frivolous requests, prices are now set down a little. put it down to the highest bidder over 20 000.

this is because the water pump is wrecked, this is bought in and will only be replaced.

annuities are also paid.

The car has been restored the last year with:

barring

new lamps

new grill (black)

eyelid

exhaust

reg strap

plugs and plug wires

fixed bottom plate

all of this cost quite a lot together, then finally saw the car relatively cheap.

bids under 20 000NOK(2000P) I will not accept, but if it comes with some 20 000NOK it's their car:)

That car is otherwise really quite nice, relatively little rust, just under the front route and a little down on passenger door, or is it just a little small for some scratches in the car, everything is just surface rust and fast to fix.

under the car, there is no rust, this is checked on the bow as this is true

The car is also the EU approved until April 2010.

can come with a stereo if it is of interest with little increase in price, this is bought brand new so would like some money for it.

Send mail or call around the clock;)"

that schould be all and hope to get some good comments:D:D

If you know of a coupe car that looks good and has rear wheel drive you could mention it;)

and please be serious and don't say you don't like them because honestly how would that help me or anyone.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow good choice, although i have a problem here. I like the BMW and i also like the Opel.

My choice for the first car, i'd say go for the Opel, you can work up to a car like a BMW, so start with something simple. Problem is the ladies will love a BMW ;) probably wont help in the slightest but that's all i can think of :)

Max 20 000kr? For a 18 year old boy. If I were you, I woulda bought a car with some airbags, think SAFETY! Almost every car crashes these days is caused by 18 ish people. Most of them crashes caused to death. So if I were you. Set the budget to 60 000 atleast. To get a nice car with airbags and Traction Control etc.. ;)

I gotta admit that E30 is hell of a nice though :cheeky:.

60 000NOK is way to much for me. then i would have to work way more than i'm bothered to do. and as far as airbags go i suppose i could just duckttape som pillows in:D and now i drive very carfully. but if i end up around a tree so be it. it would have been fun as long as it lasted

beem3r is very right...ABS/AirBags are the crucial gadgets these days...not saying that ur a wild teenager time bomb waiting to cause the crash...I mean statistics don't mean a damn thing if ur the cool head driver, but u never know what might happen

...slippery roads are highways to hell...

beem3r is very right...ABS/AirBags are the crucial gadgets these days...not saying that ur a wild teenager time bomb waiting to cause the crash...I mean statistics don't mean a damn thing if ur the cool head driver, but u never know what might happen

...slippery roads are highways to hell...

thats true. it's just that i can't afford anything more than that. can't affor a safe car. so I'm looking car that are cool with rear wheel drive for the winter and for fun. if I crash then it will sx but i hope it will work out ok

...it has been on the road for nearly 30 years..
oh...just a right time to start falling apart....:D j/k

Well built cars can be kept running forever, only if they r treated good....poor/average built car can't. Eventually they start falling apart, no matter what u do, even if it's after 30 years or so

Guest RB26DETT

i've got friends with opel astra's and vectra's from the 90's, nothing but problems.

i'd get a reliable japanese car like a civic or corolla. heck, how 'bout a mazda 3, i'm getting one tomorrow. :)

i've got friends with opel astra's and vectra's from the 90's, nothing but problems.

i'd get a reliable japanese car like a civic or corolla. heck, how 'bout a mazda 3, i'm getting one tomorrow. :)

lol:D

well i'm not looking for something super reliable. just want somethin with rear wheel drive and looks awsome:) something fun and cool. a civic isn't something to be cool u know:)

Don't wanna scare u or something...but I gotta tell u what happened to me some 10 years ago. Just got married and bought a second hand '91 Opel Corsa. Looked like a dream, drove like a dream, was checked at service 2 times, everything was just fine...but 2 weeks later, my engine was on huuge fire!

Fortunately I had a fire distinguisher so the disaster was avoided...:rolleyes:

Later on I found out its engine was from a 'faulty' series...:huh:

That sounds really bad. now i'm not getting a car *jumps on bike* JK:D

well if i get the manta. what i have planned is to replace the engine with maybe a Calibra turbo engine(is it any good? It was a tip from my cusin who is a mechanic)

If i end up with the Manta. I might look into replaceing the engine with a Calibra Turbo engine(my cusin who is a mechanic gave me the tip)

[mod edit:] Please do not double post, use the edit button, thanks!

Finally, u have to make a decision:

a. U need a car only to adore it and show off around, or

b. all that AND to actually use it as a transport vehicle.

if ur answer is a - take Manta

if ur answer is b - take E30

of course it's ur decision, and maybe the first big one in ur life

A all the way. my folks say it's a lot of work to wn an old car. but they don't get that that is what i want:)

might take the occational road trip. but isn't that more fun with a "sports car" that you tressure with all you heart than something you "just" drive?

and as far as decisions go. i have made planty of hard choices. but I will never post them here