We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ipod question

ShadowGT

I'm wondering if someone call help me with this? Soon i'll be getting my new Gaming PC & getting rid of this one but i know if i plug my ipod into my new PC it will wipe all my songs off it. Is there anyway i can transfer all my songs from my Ipod to my new PC when i get it without losing everything.

Google? I know that on OS X there is something called Senuti (iTunes backwards) that will rip it all back, so Windows being as "amazing" as it is should have a wealth of similar applications I expect. Either that or load all your music onto and external HDD and move it from the old to the new computer, you'll still have to re sync your iPod but that doesn't take long.

- The way to do it would be to remove all the songs off your ipod via iTunes on your current computer.

- Then place them on your ipod via the Windows (My Computer). So it acts as a portable massive USB Key.

- Making sure you copy the 'iTunes' folder in your music folder.

- Then copy and paste everything (except the iTunes folder) into the Music folder on your new PC.

- Install iTunes on the new PC and open it and close it again (so it builds a library).

- Then copy and paste the original iTunes folder from the iPod into your new Music folder (as it will contain youre previous iTunes library information).

Hope you understand :p

- The way to do it would be to remove all the songs off your ipod via iTunes on your current computer.

Hope you understand :p

how do i do that? the songs on my current PC are all over the place not just in My Music so i cant just plonk em all in one folder.

Well, for the thing you quoted, you'd go into iTunes, go onto your iPod and de-select music, so when it syncs, it wipes it.

But as for copying and pasting from all over your PC, then the only way would be to manually search for it. I guessed it'd all be in your Music folder, and it would be simple. But if it's not, then my method would be do-able, but very very boring.

A Simple Google Search for 'copy songs from ipod to computer' gave this: http://lifehacker.com/394046/copy-music-from-your-iphone-or-ipod-to-your-computer-for-free

and many others: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=copy+songs+from+ipod+to+computer&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Just now it seems like you have the ipod sync'd with your computer..

Connect your ipod to your computer just now, open up itunes, click your

ipod to get your ipod 'summary'. There are multiple tick boxes that say -

'add music/videos manually'; Tick that and apply. Doing this will allow

full manual control over your ipod and wont delete your current data.

NEXT

When you get your new computer, install itunes.. when installations done,

open up itunes and there should be a tab for preferences.. your looking for

the one that allows you to add your music/videos/pictures manually.

That will stop your ipod being cleared when you connect to your new computer

even though youve already altered the settings on your ipod. Its extra security.

After this setting tho.. you will need to manually add music to your library and then

manually add them to your ipod. Do not change back to sync' because then, its will

clear your ipod.

Hope that helps.. sorry if its confusing, but it will stop it being cleared.

Hey, thought i'd jump in on the band wagon and try and help.

I've had to do this before when my external hard drive gave up on me.

I used an application to get the music back from my iPod

If you go onto http://www.ephpod.com/ you can either download CopyTrans Manager or EphPod, either works perfectly.

Once you download and install it on your new computer (BEFORE ITUNES!!) all you need to do is make a folder to put all your music back into and then tell the application the destination of the imported tunes and it does everything for ya.

If you need any more help on it then theres a section on that website.

Good luck :)

Erm, theres an easier way to do that, this is how i do it:

http://download.cnet.com/iDump/3000-2169_4-10407429.html

Its called idump, its a program you install on your new PC, you open it and

plug in your ipod, it will load up all your songs and you select the ones you want putting onto the new computer, it sounds a lot simpler than a lot of solutions given above :)