We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My new i7 whattcha think? Pictures uploaded :D

EW

Did i say i hate it? No...

Another reason i didn't buy one was because when it was released, they were £1000 for 2.5GHz. When i could get a 3.0GHZ Quad for £500. And in turn, i didn't what to have to spend another hundred or so pounds on a compatible motherboard.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm while your on the topic of overclocking, does anyone know what is a decent overclock i could pull off on my new Core 2 duo E8400 (stock cooling) when i get it. I've never overclocked before but am considering it.

what speed does it run at? 2.66 ect......

cheers SLRRR :thumbsup:

that chart is actually pretty darn cool lol....

so people from now on dont hate on the i7 coz as u can see, its the shizzle :D

love ya's.......

any ideas for a really good mouse?

This is an amazing mouse :)

Roccat Kone

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roccat-Kone-Laser-Gameing-Mouse/dp/B001H7612Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1245150335&sr=8-2

what speed does it run at? 2.66 ect......

3.0ghz 6mb L2 Cache. I wouldn't mind getting a little more performance out of it after i get settled into my new PC but i've never overclocked before. Plus i can't afford anymore upgrades at the moment so it's gotta be done on stock cooling.

Why? I think its a pretty good video.

its nerdy but cool ;)

Any way i ran into a little trouble, but...........

ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill try post pics now, and be nice iPhone camera is shizzzzz

Did i say i hate it? No...

Another reason i didn't buy one was because when it was released, they were £1000 for 2.5GHz. When i could get a 3.0GHZ Quad for £500. And in turn, i didn't what to have to spend another hundred or so pounds on a compatible motherboard.

clock speed aint everything. especially with i7 as its about 24% faster clock for clock than C2Q. also if he plans on overclocking.

@E.W: you wight want to try an get hold of a third party cooler as the intel ones are shockingly poor

hmm while your on the topic of overclocking, does anyone know what is a decent overclock i could pull off on my new Core 2 duo E8400 (stock cooling) when i get it. I've never overclocked before but am considering it.

set the fsb to 400 . that gives you a 3.59 Ghz cpu and youll be flying. should be able to run that on stock voltage and cooler

so peps its all done working 110%

just thought id share with you a small pic to think about......

[ATTACH]8474[/ATTACH]

That's simple. The i7 uses Hyperthreading.

Basically the computer sees 2 virtual cores for every physical core that's on the chip.

yea it runs at 2.66 wich will run crysis on high but i will be clocking to around 3.50 even higher if i can get hold of some water cooling.....

I get 3.8 on air stable using a Cooler Master V. I've gotten up to 4.3 on air but PC crashed during prime95 stress test. In the future I plan on getting this: ex-rad-150.jpg and watercooling my chipsets and video card.

The stock cooler isn't really reliable but as said you can get 3.5Ghz on it. I really recommend a third-party cooler, Either Thermalright 120 or Cooler Master V8

• 3 weeks later...

set the fsb to 400 . that gives you a 3.59 Ghz cpu and youll be flying. should be able to run that on stock voltage and cooler

Thanks, now I have 3,6GHZ on my E8400 :) It runs perfectly on stock cooler and i'm doing a stress test with prime95 now!

so far, so good :p

10/10 for the music but that video was as blurry & fuzzy as hell. Whats the song anyway?

lol yea the camera sucks, its coz its my ghey iPhone erm the song is a mash up Prodigy & Pendulum Vs Limp Bizkit

• 4 weeks later...