We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Supreme Commander 2

Gunned_Down666

• 3 weeks later...
I thought SC2 was already out? *thinks hard*

You might be thinking of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. It's pretty much Supreme Commander with an extra faction, new units, new maps and all the problems on the original fixed.

Can't wait for the new one, Forged Alliance is by far the best RTS I've ever played.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:bump:

Release now on the 5th for the PC Version.

Don't care about the xbox release as it shouldn't be on there!

I am getting really hyped up about this game and now i can not wait!

Same here, the sequel to the best hardcore RTS I've ever played. Apparently they've made it appeal to a wider audience whilst still keeping the huge battles and base building of the previous games, can't actually wait :D

Not really interested in it, or many games out this year really. Infact I need to keep as much money as possible for the running of my car.

I bought the the first Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance. Kept me entertained for a week but then it lost all the appeal I was hoping it to keep.

Wont be buying Supreme Commander 2, or downloading the demo.

The only game I plan on buying this year is Mafia 2, if it even gets released this year and turns out to be as good as the first.

My thoughts on the demo, for what it's worth:

First thing I noticed was the performance, what a difference from the original. I can run the game at max with AA and 1440x900 without dipping below 60 FPS with V-sync on, and on my measly setup that's quite an achievement on behalf of GPG.

The graphics style has become slightly more cartoony and colourful, and in my opinion looks better for it. Even a small skirmish with lighter units is an absolute joy to watch, especially knowing that each projectile and unit movement is being calculated in real time.

The new tech tree system is great, it means that early units can be just as useful in the end-game, especially with a few upgrades. A reduction in the number of different unit types isn't even noticable, especially with the knowledge that you'll be getting 27 different experimental units to mess with come next friday.

The only issue I have is with the resource system. Although it's great that you can't spend the mass/energy you don't have (less time worrying about eco), it also means that you can't queue up even a small handful of units without half of them being removed because of a lack of resources. The same applies with buildings, you can queue up a number of different structures but if you suddenly run out of resources everything you've spent ages queueing up disappears and you have to wait and start all over again. This defeats the purpose of reducing the need for micro-management, one of the core objectives of SupCom 2.

New maps are much more dynamic, the campaign seems more involved (but still just people talking in small boxes in the top corner, not exactly the wonderful storytelling which was promised by the arrival of Square Enix in the games production), and overall I can't wait til release day but there are a few issues which I'll have to either get used to or hope that they get streamlined slightly.

Couldnt agree with mojo more.

The Graphics are not crysis but who needs it to be the graphics for the genre is amazing and it looks great. Performance wise runs beautifully much better than the original..

It looses GPG Net which made the original suck because it hardly works.

Yes the fact u cant que things up is a shame but still its sommat different and will take some time to get used to.

All in all it will be a good game :)

Well it is here 2 days before release :D

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Just raging on steam forums atm as evidently as it isnt released in the UK yet i can not play it as it is locked on steam, Even though the Americans can play it.

who said i was rubbing it in?

Mojo should have got his today as well as many other people...

So next time read what ure gonna post first.

Well, four pictures of it is a bit excessive imo but maybe thats just me. It might be slightly worthy if it was a special edition but it's just the regular one. (I know you don't get a SE of it so don't use that as an excuse :p)

But yeah, I am just saying. Don't take it as an offence, I never meant it as that, was just the way I took it, thats all.

I think it was excited/happy rather than gloating. He did add the part about not being able to play it at the end, which personally I wouldn't have done if I was boasting as it kind of owns yourself.

Ok well i have had a chance to play alot of the campaign and do 2 online matches...

First online match i won =] second i failed at lol.

Its a great game and would recomend it to anyone who likes RTS games. There are alot of haters around for this game saying it isnt like the original but that is something that i actually like.

There was 1 fault with it but now its installed its fine. The disk only installs half the game and you have to download the other half through steam. This was annoying but for me its downloaded and now done.

But i know MOJO is really annoyed by it and with his internet he is having problems downloading it.