We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC mods

TimBud

Its taken quite a while for some decent stuff to start appearing for GTAIV PC. Especially as there is no 'img tool' equivalent (yet).

A week or so ago some clever bugger (Oleg, of ZModeler fame) has released a ZModeler2 WFT filter. When used alongside ZModeler its possible to export GTAIV models and people have already started to fiddle with the tool. Its still in beta stage atm so it can produce some unstable effects, although it won't be too long before a more stable version is available.

Vehicle mods are what most players have been waiting for, and its certainly what I enjoyed playing with most on previous PC versions.

Take a look at whats available already

1247634516_screen1.jpg

There's loads more at GTAGaming.com:

All the vehicle mods are here

Weapon mods here

Player mods here

Script mods here

Miscellaneous mods here

TOOLS here

Update 1:

ZModeler2 WFT filter update released, Available through ZMAutoUpdate.

The new filter will allow mod authors to create proper mesh deformation using specific shader names (ie full damage like the GTAIV stock cars is now possible.

Yea Tim, the size is too big, even though it resizes the images I believe we're not allowed to post images wider that 800 pixels.

Anyway enough about the damn pics lol.

They do look amazing and having licensed vehicles in GTA really adds to the atmosphere for me.

Couple of things, like CarFreak said how's the damage? Secondly for the CCX do you know if the doors open on the vertical hinge? That would be very cool.

Sack it!

I've done it the hard way so the pics should be a better size now ;)

As for the damage and doors, I'm not sure because I've seen no pics of either... on any vehicle.

So for now I doubt its been done yet.

But GTA modders are some of the best out their (from my past experience) so it is only a matter of time.

All my info is from GTAGaming.com as my laptop is nowhere near capable of playing GTAIV. So I haven't been able to try any of the mods. But I've tried ALL the old ones on all previous GTAs (3D).

The only game I'd by a better rig for is GTAIV and I can't justify that. ;)

Edit: added some more pics. An old vette and an M3 with working doors :)