We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited: Modshop?!

TDU 505

Do you use the QUICKLINKS-> New Posts (Either one)?

Do you notice that majority of the new posts come from a subforum called "Released" or "Exterior Mods"

"HUD/GUI Mods"

"Mod tools & support"

"Test Drive Unlimited - Mod Shop"?

Test Drive Unlimited Central isn't really an accurate name now. There's just TOO much stuff going on related to modding.

Less modding is done during Pimp My Ride.

This place just isn't what it used to be. Was great, still is great. Just not so.

Anyone else agrees?

I agree and I don't. Yes it isn't like it used to be and the modding does account for the vast majority of new members and lurkers but it's all still about TDU.

The mods are all for TDU, when people want mods for TDU this is one of their first stops and for this reason I still see TDU:C as being a central element of the TDU community.

So my response is, sorry but the name is in my opinion still accurate.

Quicklinks - New posts? :oook: you do realise theres a button called new posts on the navigation bar :p

I do agree this place has changed, not necessarily for the worse though, when TDU2 comes out, i'm sure the modding will die down and this place will be more xbox 360 user friendly (and PS3).

[E:] I agree with teh legend.

It's changed that is true. But as we're a TDU community and the majority of the community want mods this is what we are now seeing as our main usage. Don't worry though you'll still find the old members lurking in general chat, or the chatbox :)

Test Drive Unlimited: Central - At the core of Test Drive Unlimited.

That should say it all, TDUC aims to be at the centre of what keeps the TDU community active and flourishing. There is nothing stopping people posting in the other threads to keep that side going but unlike the PC side there is no decent way of getting your pics onto your PC, there is no user friendly method of getting videos and such so the only thing really you can talk about is the usual stuff and as with everything that can get a bit samey.

The PC side though, look what those guys have, good proper wheels and pedals, sound mods which I in fact think increases the games enjoyment tenfold compared to the synthesised crap we put up on 99% of the cars from default, mods oh man these are great and what has extended TDU PC from an on the shelf rarely play to a game people get a lot of enjoyment out of often as there's always something new for them to install and play with.

The fact so many people are interested in the mods shows the game has legs ...or wheels in this case and if it helps show that this game is well worth picking up and thus sales occasionally keep sprouting up here and there then can only be a good thing and show that future titles are well worth doing.

I've always said from the start this place would be a fun and enjoyable community and it still is but as with everything something that is close and small can easily grow into something big within a small amount of time. It's crazy how much we have grown in less than 3 years and when I post up the last 2 month of stats you will see just how nuts and active this place has gotten.

Believe me it scares me, as honestly this places popularity could easily kill it.

Appreciate your views though.

I think it will be a bit hypocritical if i post what i think. But nvm...

Yes there are alot of people who lurk around the modshop but look how many members TDUC has. I would say less than half the people who visit TDUC are here just for the mods. I try to post in all different sections of the forum.

But with that said we can not change how other people act on the forum. So really its just keeping positive that the rest of the forum is quite active.

Just the mod shop is active more..