We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modder Title Almost Being Given Away

T3hReaper91

If people are asking for it what is the big deal about that? If they do some good mods and the community thinks so too then they deserve the rank of Modder. If they do nothing to warrant it then why should it bother you at all also?

Seriously if you think the Modder badge somehow makes you great or amazing on here then think again, all it does and was meant to do was show you are a valuable member of the TDU community in creating mods for the game for people to enjoy.

That's it!

It's not some super elite gang badge or something like at least 1 person thinks.

Personally, I wouldn't even have the modder status at all. In other game boards that I play, there are many a vehicle modder however not much attention is paid to those that customise other aspects of the game. I myself make large map modifications to the sim but it seems some would not class this as a mod despite the fact it's modified content...even though it more often than not adds extra gameplay. If a modder status is implemented it should be universal, to all aspects of modding :) Maybe it is here? I'm still very new to these boards. If it is, all well and good, and I do agree that if it is acquired too easily it loses its value.

The idea behind the Modder status is that it is given to members who have produced mods or a mod (of ANY type, database modding, new vehicles and or textures changes etc.) that have given a lot to the community and have gained interest. Sometimes it is given to a member before the mod is finished, especially if a moderator likes the idea / actual mod / has a "personal connection to it".

The idea behind the Modder status is that it is given to members who have produced mods or a mod (of ANY type, database modding, new vehicles and or textures changes etc.) that have given a lot to the community and have gained interest. Sometimes it is given to a member before the mod is finished, especially if a moderator likes the idea / actual mod / has a "personal connection to it".

Thanks for clearing that up :) Glad to see this board has a different opinion on what classifies as a mod >.< Unfortunately there is no possibility for extending the map for this game though is there? (As far as i'm aware).