We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Atari 1st half 2009/2010 Financial Report confirms TDU2 development (or cancellation!)

Eudemon

Good news

One thing to take into consideration is the fact that in the same sentence that TDU2 was mentioned, so was Champions online. That game has already been released and is up and running. So we already know that the sentence highlighted does not mean cancellation. If the mention of TDU in that statement is a sign of cancellation, then that would mean that it was also a sign of cancelling Champions online. Since Champions online is released, I'm gonna take that as a good sign.

Man that sounded really confusing reading it back, but I think you get my point.

Yay for actual official mention fo the game. I am still playing TDU1 just waiting for my Shelby Cobra to hit 360. :sulk:

• 2 weeks later...

just read and thought i'd contribute my perspective:

obviously we'd already heard tdu2 was in development.

from the sounds of it something in the games development has hit a dead end - here's hoping it's an obstacle that can be driven around ;)

the license is theirs till the end of 2012 right?

doubtfull the whole project is in the bin :)

• 2 weeks later...

From some sources information was spilled, that will go out «super-karpak», and megapatch, machines which remained in the folder of fronted will be added in which, a landscape net, design of weather and subject, is improved, and it is natural it will be to carry the name TDU 2, in other as in the case of last carpack! On the account of landscape net — graphic arts will be changed and fully alike on GTA 4, I had because of — in old TDU will be utillized only mesh and lendklass, and he occupies somewhere 3 gb in the set game.And in general, on the French forum appeared pair of a week ago infa from a director Eden about a 200% output TDU-2 in the planned terms (2009-2010 years). To the administrator tdu2.fr Mr. Nadal' unofficially by mail and confirmed an output a telephone TDU-2. A site now brushes up and on main such quotation hangs «We renew a site for that, what would prepare to the great number of news about TDU-2 and influx of visitors.»

»http://www.testdriveunlimited2.fr/fr/

What is going on with Fabien and TDU2.fr?

I know he was working on it back in October to bring it back and was also in contact with David Nadal and that in fact some communications and feedback was sought via them. However these last couple of months things have went awfully quiet over there which is a shame.

• 2 weeks later...