We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

TDUPE 1.9 works really well, after testing 2.5 (and i´ve changed to GE) it was also messed up and did not work anymore...

are there any important differences between 1.9 and 2.5 or should i use the 1.9 and do not try anymore?;)

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have problem when i start PE it comes a "DataBase Not Found" .... i check everything is fine, directory is fine .... so where can be the problem ? please help if someone have an idea please use skype nase_vn thanks!

right when i put D:\Games\ at the end it looked like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\D:\Games\\

and this did not work...

it only say directory works when it is like this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\

but i can not see a change in the cars....

It should be

D:\Games\

That is all. Nothing else. And that was directed towards Naze, not you.

Your problem has been mentioned a few times, but it is impossible to replicate. Maybe you are just missing th changes.

In TDUPE open up the Dodge Viper

Set the horsepower to 200.

Set the price to 50000.

Press save car.

Pres save data.

And see if it has been changed.

Dregy i have found out the problem on my own i was running at as admin and when i dident run it as admin it worked

PS.

thanks for all the great mods you have developed your truly turning this game into a racing simulator thanks.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hope to be making my own mods soon!!!

Ahh right. Yeah there's a new download section on the site that is not yet publicly accessible, and as a result the old section is not updated automatically. The download itself is still 2.1 though.

Fixed though.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Awesome tool, but I've found some bugs considering gear ratios. For example I set the specific gear ratios of the car, but then in game the car changes gear at a lower speed. For example in real life, the Jaguar XFR reaches 100 Km/h in 2nd gear at around 6500 RPM (redline), while in TDU with the same gear ratio, it only reaches it in 3rd. So can you please fix that somehow? I think the problem is that you didn't take wheelsize into consideration.

Please try to fix this, cuz I'm trying to play with the numbers, but if I set them to be accurate in 1st and 2nd gear, they won't be accurate in higher gears (for example 5th or 6th gear).

I hope you could follow me :D

Awesome tool, but I've found some bugs considering gear ratios. For example I set the specific gear ratios of the car, but then in game the car changes gear at a lower speed. For example in real life, the Jaguar XFR reaches 100 Km/h in 2nd gear at around 6500 RPM (redline), while in TDU with the same gear ratio, it only reaches it in 3rd. So can you please fix that somehow? I think the problem is that you didn't take wheelsize into consideration.

Please try to fix this, cuz I'm trying to play with the numbers, but if I set them to be accurate in 1st and 2nd gear, they won't be accurate in higher gears (for example 5th or 6th gear).

I hope you could follow me :D

Maybe it's the limitations of the game itself that cause this.

• 2 weeks later...

Dredgy, about the Torque Balance on the Performance tab, why is it that when I set it to 100, it appears as if all power is sent to the front wheels, and vice versa, if I set it to 0, it acts like a rear wheel drive car.

Could it be that the settings are inverted? i.e. if i want a car that has a 40/60 power distribution ratio, I should put the tab at 40?

In other words, is that partciular option determining how much power gets to the front wheels? Just curious, as I believe it's really important as it would require me to change settings for all my AWD cars if such is the case..

I got a question for TDUPE2.5 use.

I have follow bodyswap situation: I placed Tools Diablo SV car onto the Countach Slot. I then changed the Default Rims to Murcielago Coupe (where orginally the Diablo should be installed)

Now ingame the car has rather big rubber sides on the tires and the whole rims are just as small as a Countachs one. (I guess it looks now like rims are 16 inches, while when the car where on the Murcielago slot it where 18 or 19 inches like looking.

I wonder if anyone know what values do control the size of the rubber part of the tire or the visual size of the rim. So that I could copy this values from the murcielago onto the countach to let the rims look properly sized again.

If also possible I would like to know if editing this value interupts online play. (I know some values can be edited when they just cosmetic) And I guess this migth be cosmetic too but im not sure what value it would be.

In any case I came across such wrong tire size problems several times while bodyspawing.

I think you are misunderstanding what the Default Rims option is for. What you are doing is loading the Murcielago's rims onto the Countach's wheels.

If you are body swapping the Countach, and replace the Countach rims, you do not need to change that value.

if i want a car that has a 40/60 power distribution ratio, I should put the tab at 40?

I may have it backwards, no one's pulled me up on it yet. I'd say set it to 60 and see what happens.