We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is anyone able to price up my PC?

DriftNismo

Hey everyone,

After a few weeks of searching, I can't find a website or a person anywhere that prices up PCs for sale, so I thought to myself: "Hmmm... I wonder if there's a community out there filled with amazingly sexy genius' that would be able to help me with this problem...", and that's when I thought of the one place I'm always able to turn to: TDU-C :D.

So, my PC has been sitting around doing nothing for the best part of this past year since I got my laptop, and seeing as I need money for a car soon, I've decided to sell the PC, the G25, the G15 and pretty much everything else I don't use. I can easily get pricing for everything else, but not for my PC, which is where I need help...

Specs:

Motherboard: Sun Microsystems K85AE

Processors: 2x AMD Opteron 64 Processor 250 (2.4GHz)

(Spare 2x AMD Opteron 64 Processor 250 (2.4Ghz))

Memory: 16GB PC3200 ECC (8x 2048MB)

Storage: 3x 147GB Fujitsu Ultra320 SCSI Drives @ 10,000rpm

1x 250GB Hitachi SATA Drive @ 7,200rpm

Video Card(s): ATi Radeon X1950 Pro Sapphire 512mb (AGP 8x)

2x Nvidia Quadro FX3000 256mb (AGP 8x)

PSU: 550 W, 90-264 V, 47-63 Hz

Network: 10/100/1000-Mbps BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet

Other: 1x DVD Drive

1x DVD Re-writer

5x USB 2.0 ports

2x IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports

1x Parallel port

2x Serial ports

Dimensions and Weight:

Height - 462 mm (18.2 inches)

Width - 200 mm (7.9 inches)

Depth - 557 mm (21.9 inches)

Weight - 24 kg (53 lb)

---------------

This is the highest spec version of the W2100z available and had a 16GB memory upgrade (approx. $1500). The release price in late 2004 / early 2005 was $8,695.00 for the same processors, but just 4GB RAM, 1x 73GB SCSI drive, 1x Quadro FX3000 and 1x DVD Drive.

Nowadays, the processors go for around £150-£200 per pair, the FX3000s go for £150-£200 each, X1950s go for around £40 and not sure about the rest of it.

I've looked all over eBay for similar set-ups, and I've been monitoring a bunch of W2100Zs over the past few months, and the lowest spec versions (1x 2.6Ghz processor / 2x 1.8Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, Quadro NVS280 64mb GFX card, 1x DVD Drive and 1x 40GB SCSI drive) have been selling quite well for around £300.

I could go out there and put an estimated price tag up and sell it, but I'd like to get as much as possible for it. Does anyone have any experience with Sun Java workstations? Or does anyone know in general how much this would go for?

Thanks for your time everyone :).

I wouldn't ask here about that, particularly that type of system.

Some other places that spring to mind are the fourms at Tom's Hardware and Experts-Exchange. I can't belive you paid so much for a PC, I didn't think there were that many high-end games in 2004 :D

That's a PC? Looks more like a server to me. :p

It is 5 years old, so the hardware is outdated now. Looks best suited for use as a server, minus the graphics cards.

At a glance, I'd say £600, maybe £700. It's a nice setup, but it's quit old now. You'd probably be best off stripping it and selling parts individually.