We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU 2 is Test Drive High Life ?

GTX-OGAN

The High Life thing isn't exactly new though and there's iirc about 4 mentions of it which now will be really hard to find because most gaming sites and such have it as news from recent events.

3 of the mentions were people working at Eden so the whole working title and namechange could be true.

Remember though there has been no official info yet!

If we translate this link (only the first part next to 2009) : http://www.kephpage.net/fr/download/CV_Guillaume_Delhumeau.pdf

2009 : Programmer for Eden Games (intership from February to August). Responsible for programming the replays on the upcoming racing game from Eden Games.

-> Development in C++, in colaboration with the designers

-> Creation of multiple 3D cameras with added effects (tremor, inertia, ...)

-> Conception and implementation of an intelligent assembly algorithm for selection of cameras in the "staging" mode, with detection of the events of the race (overtakes, accidents, ...)

-> Development of an external tool in C# for the configuration of the cameras

-> Integration of the work in a major project within a team composed of twenty persons

What-ever the final name of the new game is, they'll want to keep it hidden for as long as possible, so that someone else doesn't beat them to purchasing relevant domain names (i.e. that highlife URL was acquired soon after the name was thrown around here). 'TDU2' also has a lot of references on the Internet, over 3 million Google Search results, etc. Atari will likely want to separate fact from fiction (rumors) and have a clean slate for when the game is announced formerly.

I've been watching for testdrivehighlife domains since May when I first came across it's mention on a linkedin profile.

Sounds mighty strange for an internal name though unless Eden believe that this game will have them all living the High Life due it being the first game to sell a billion copies. :lol:

I seriously CANT WAIT for test drive unlimited 2/high life/sequel or whatever it's going to be called I think that the original TDU was a truly brilliant game but I think there were not really enough cars the sounds were quite poor and there were a few glitches and the AI wasn't very good so if the geniuses at eden and atari address those issues that will be a FANTASTIC game :thumbsup:

Some companies do use internal code-names when referring to unreleased games. This is most commonly used in the names of NEW games, which companies don't want to announce yet, and they usually don't explain the game very well. Most game names have meaning for example, Test Drive Unlimited. Test Drive relates to what you would do before purchasing a car, test driving it. Unlimited means there are no bounds, the sky is the limit. But being that TDU is already released, TDU: High-life wouldn't be much of an internal code-name.

• 1 month later...