We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: TDUC Mod Shop

Tool831

Ive been wondering when this would be adressed. In the pixelcar community the credits are the most important thing when someone releases a tune. Failiure to credit means a warning, another similar offense means a ban. Simple as that.

Its always been odd to me, that the converters never really acknolage the modelers more. In the releasethread, the modelers name should be way more prominent.. To be honest, its a privilege for us "mortal" to even have the possibility to convert/use these awesome models.

The first thing that should be seen in a releasetopic is the name of the author of the 3d model. make that happen, and im sure more people would let you convert their models.

Well I don't know what to say. I had about given up on you guys. Though I did notice the things you guys are pointing out about modeler's name placement and what not, I didn't want to fuss about how things were done. The lack of recognition could also lye in the fact I don't use Icekid84 much ( as you can tell) Anyhow Ive got a lot of stuff up my sleeves, and this topic I think has been good for the community as well. So Right now nothing new to release at this second, though modifying existing models is very possible.

Anyhow, i had no problem with Tool getting credit because he did deserve it. Taking one of my models is not easy for the fact I have to fuse all the parts together. So he has to separate those up into correct TDU setup. But it did burn me up not getting any credit in replies. (NOTE : some did acknowledge me) I don't release my cars but for two games, WR2 and TDU. So when you guys like my work but I get nothing it hurt since only my friends usually see it. As said name placement and what not could be to blame but the people had to know these cars came from somewhere so it was hard for me to let it go at that. I hope that my cars can still be done for you guys.

You know I really think that it is quite stupid to complain about the quality of a model, when you haven´t paid for it! I mean you get on the forum and there are people who sacrifice their leisure time for 3d modelling/converting, and

some people dare to complain about "Omg the rims are too big". I mean if you think about what an enrichment these modded cars are for every individual TDU player the should kiss your a** instead of moaning around because your car isn´t top notch quality.

And if even if it isn´t the best of the best it is something, someone worked on. And that should be honored. We aren´t customers, because we haven´t ordered something or give you a reward. And damn if someone doesn´t like a model he isn´t going to be forced by anyone to download and use every single car posted on the forum.

I only can say Tool you´re work was mostly stunning, and I think that the people would cry after you if you would stop modding. And if you stop, blockheads who criticised your work in very rude ways,they just get the bill for their idiocy.

PS: Sry for my kind of bad english I,m from Austria :D

Wow.

I'm not a modder, so I can't claim to understand all the gory details of the process but I'm sure it does take a significant amount of effort on the part of a whole bunch of folks. Admittedly, my name was very much on the "are we there yet?" list when it came to the GSXR mod, BUT I tried to thank all the people I knew were involved, which brings me to this point:

A large portion of the mods for TDU that I have downloaded and loved were converted, and I had absolutely no idea where the ORIGINAL models may have come from thusly I didn't thank the model creators. I assumed that the models were simply "hacked" from the various games mentioned like Juiced2 and NFS Shift, I wasn't even aware that the editors/convertors had actually gotten permission from the blokes who made those models for those games to use them, so my seeming ingratitude was only due to my ignorance.

As far as "OMG the wheels are too big" comments and the like from, as it was so succinctly stated earlier in the thread, people who have no room to detract from the modders efforts, I agree that the universal response to them should be the same: IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER, GO FOR IT! I know I can't, which is why I'll overlook bugs and the like in an otherwise spectacular piece of work. Not to mention that since the mods here are also FREE to the community, nobody should have any space to piss and moan about any aspect of any mod, period.

Community content like this adds SO much to a given game's longevity it's sad to see people crapping on this kind of work...

So here's a HUGE shout out to all the guys and gals who've been involved with all aspects of modding TDU from the cars to the races to the physics to the textures to the forum admins for hosting and maintaining this repository to anything I've forgotten. You've made my TDU experience unfathomably better than it would have been had this kind of content not been available to me. I wish I could contribute more than a very sincere thank you for all your efforts.