We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU 2/High Life in Ibiza? Coming September?

Moutonvolant

Guys i really think it's ibiza check this picture out !!!

http://skvots.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Ibiza.jpg

http://www.instant-car-hire.co.uk/images/ibiza.jpg

and then compare it to the flash preview in tdu2 logo !!!

http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/

here i made a print screen

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6330/tdu2.jpg

but i dont know for sure...

It is Ibiza...

They said it in the press release:

"One of the unique aspects of Test Drive Unlimited was the enormous game-world. More than 1500 kilometres of road was available to drive on, located on Oahu in Hawaii. This feels like nothing compared to Test Drive Unlimited 2 which is a whole 2.5 times bigger and is enacted on the Spanish island of Ibiza, mostly known for its gigantic beach parties. One of the reasons that you’ve chosen Ibiza is because the variation in the environment. Here, dense forests crowds with enormous flat surfaces, big mountain groups with picturesque ruins and of course modern cities."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok, i thougt it was not official ?

It is Ibiza...

They said it in the press release:

"One of the unique aspects of Test Drive Unlimited was the enormous game-world. More than 1500 kilometres of road was available to drive on, located on Oahu in Hawaii. This feels like nothing compared to Test Drive Unlimited 2 which is a whole 2.5 times bigger and is enacted on the Spanish island of Ibiza, mostly known for its gigantic beach parties. One of the reasons that you’ve chosen Ibiza is because the variation in the environment. Here, dense forests crowds with enormous flat surfaces, big mountain groups with picturesque ruins and of course modern cities."

http://www.ibizaholidays.com/Car_Hire/road-rules.asp

LOL, this article really cracked me up as much as it makes me affraid of what to expect if Eden goes for more realistic and true-to-nature AI. I actually wanted to find something more about the length of the roadnetwork and everything, but this was also interesting :p . The petrolpart sounds good with the amount of petrolstations, that was one of the bigger fears in the wishlists before TDU2 was announced.

Here are some nice and/or interesting quotes:

Drivers

Drivers in Ibiza are not amongst the best in the world. In little more than one generation they have advanced from the horse and cart to the GTI.

Accidents

Expect the worst whenever you encounter other traffic. The reasons include overworked taxis, inebriated tourists driving on the wrong side of the road, locals in their horse and cart around the next blind corner and the occasional pack of wild Podenco hounds.

Overtaking

Overtaking is generally banned in Spain if the driver cannot see at least 200 metres of the road ahead.

Petrol

There are around 13 petrol stations on Ibiza. Most are open 24 hours during peak season and they aren't many miles distant from each other on such a small island, so finding fuel is rarely a problem. Beware though, while Gasolina may be petrol, (sin plomb = unleaded) Gasoleo or Gazole is not gasoline it is diesel. GAZOLE = GASOLEO = DIESEL! Watch out for Fiesta days. which occur at the drop of a sombrero, coz everything closes, petrol stations too!

Two-wheelers

The fine for not wearing helmets is 90 euros, but at the moment they are only targeting moped drivers because the youth try to impress the girlies by doing wheelies at breakneck speeds without the mandatory helmet.

On motorways, if there are no signs to the contrary, bicycles may be ridden if there is a hard shoulder. (This is not yet relevant here, as there are no motorways, but the people that own the tarmac companies have a very aggressive marketing team, so you may soon need this information).

And for the private jet pictures in the TDU2.com slideshow:

http://www.ibizaholidays.com/privatejet.asp

Still think Monte Carlo would be awesome. With its great Port city and fantastic backroads and some great houses too. Just think about, the F1 track and the millionaires lifestyle. Perhaps instead of a house you could buy a yacht.... Anyway as long as i get my Noble M600 I'll be happy.

;)

+1. But I think Ibiza will be nice to.

Monte Carlo wouldn't fit. The game is "Unlimited" in the sense that nature forms the barrier not the limits of the game. This is why the settings are islands, because the water is a natural barrier the game can adopt to keep it feeling more real.

If you had it set in a mainland location there would always have to be a physical end made by the developers that didn't exist in real life, such as a dead end or a road that loops back when it shouldn't.

I know that the total mileage is 2.5 times the. But map of area reduced, the map has shrunk a lot of:cry::cry:

PS: Hopes to increase the wiper system and hazard lights:thumbsup:

O'ahu is a lot bigger than Ibiza (596 sq mi against 220 sq mi) but in TDU1 there wasn't a lot of roads compared to the surface area. The middle of the island was almost empty, the mountain parts as well. So who cares if Ibiza is a smaller island...There will be 2.5 times more mileage, it will take A LOT of time to go through all the roads.

Ye I guess :P But if TDU3 is going to Crete or an Asian island I think it'll be even harder to follow. I think Spanish has most words that are somewhat recognizable to other languages. On Crete I think everything would end with ''-os'' or ''-is'' and asian... well.. no :p

Monte Carlo wouldn't fit. The game is "Unlimited" in the sense that nature forms the barrier not the limits of the game. This is why the settings are islands, because the water is a natural barrier the game can adopt to keep it feeling more real.

If you had it set in a mainland location there would always have to be a physical end made by the developers that didn't exist in real life, such as a dead end or a road that loops back when it shouldn't.

True however one way the developers could implement a natural barrier is border control. As Monte Carlo is a separate state to France and shares borders with Italy, you could effectively stop the game when you reach each border due too border control etc. Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s the reason why Monte Carlo is a tax haven……. due to being independent to France

:confused:

True however one way the developers could implement a natural barrier is border control. As Monte Carlo is a separate state to France and shares borders with Italy, you could effectively stop the game when you reach each border due too border control etc. Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s the reason why Monte Carlo is a tax haven……. due to being independent to France

:confused:

Monte Carlo is a part of Monaco. And there's no border between Monaco and France.

The reason why TDU will never be in Monaco is because it's very very small. It's only 0.76 sq. mil. (1.95 km²).

O'ahu is 596 sq. mi. (1,545 km²) and Ibiza is 220 sq mi (571 km²)

Ye but for the idea he means that I think. But I prefer a natural barrier instead of something classical like concrete roadbarriers, or floating illuminating arrows. However, putting Mount Everest clones around the game world is also not right xD.

In Fuel you didn't had a real barrier. You could go off the map for a little bit, and then the game would reset you back.

As you can see, there's no border between France and Monaco:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2261/12621360.jpg

Fair enough, I suppose with Ibiza being quite close you could always hope that it could be a boat trip away in the game. Perhaps during a special event day like the F1 or a motorshow. Just think the South of France area would be better than Ibiza.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!

Fair enough, I suppose with Ibiza being quite close you could always hope that it could be a boat trip away in the game. Perhaps during a special event day like the F1 or a motorshow. Just think the South of France area would be better than Ibiza.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote images, thanks!

It would be fun but Ibiza and Monaco are actually like 400 miles apart.

Fair enough, I suppose with Ibiza being quite close you could always hope that it could be a boat trip away in the game. Perhaps during a special event day like the F1 or a motorshow. Just think the South of France area would be better than Ibiza.]

I know this is offtopic but i've just noticed that you live like, 10 miles down the road from me :p

I'm a little disappointed if it is really true that the next TDU will be on Ibiza. Because it's somewhat small. I mean Oahu was a nice island but I know all of it by now. Ibiza beeing only a bit more than a third of oahu makes me worry!!

It's a nice sweet island but I would really appreciate a bigger map! Doesn't anyone else mind the smaller area to have fun in??

I was disappointed at first but because of the Island's vibe. But then I checked it out on Google Earth and it's a fantastic playground. One Gamereactor preview mentions Eden reproduced the Island with almost painful accuracy, only modifying "some"' roads and decor elements. If Eden has packed 2.5x more roads on that small islands as I hope they did, it's going to be far more diverse, memorable, challenging, awe inspiring than Oahy could ever dream of being. And don't forget Oahu's lack of weather diversity and 24H cycle didn't help. This game's lasting power could far surpass the first opus.

By the way you can start training here: http://geoquake.jp/en/webgame/DrivingSimulatorPerspective/