We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Chrysler's 5 year Strategy

Who

Here's something of relevance to you Americans, The plan of what is taking the pentastar into the next 5 years

First, I'd like to say one thing...

THE PT CRUISER IS FINALLY DEAD :D

anyway, for your reading pleasure:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/04/chryslers-5-year-business-plan-the-product-breakdown/3#comments

Chrysler LLC has concluded its 7-hour-long marathon presentation of the business plan (read our Live Blog of the event here) that will see it through the next five years, and what we're left with is a little confusing. It's almost as if the automaker's new executives, amidst apologizing for the company's past and promising to do better in the future, were hoping we'd all fall asleep or get lost in the details. Well, we didn't fall asleep or get lost, and below you'll find a breakdown of what we learned while spending the day hip deep in Chrysler's future product. You can also check out the slides from Chrysler's presentation relating to product in the gallery below.

Models On Their Way Out

Jeep Patriot (end of 2012)

Jeep Compass (end of 2012)

Jeep Commander (end of 2010, may continue being sold internationally)

Chrysler PT Cruiser (end of 2010)

Dodge Dakota (mid 2011)

Dodge Caliber (mid 2012)

Dodge Viper (mid 2011, may return in 2012)

New Models That Are Coming

Jeep compact SUV (2013, supplied by Fiat, may be Panda)

Jeep small CUV (2013, supplied by Fiat, replaces Patriot and Compass)

Jeep Liberty (2013, replaced by Fiat product but retains name)

Chrysler small car (2013, supplied by Fiat)

Chrysler compact sedan (2012, supplied by Fiat, replaces PT Cruiser)

Chrysler Sebring (2013, replaced by Fiat product but retains name)

Chrysler midsize CUV (2013, supplied by Fiat)

Ram midsize unibody pickup (under consideration for 2011)

Ram large and small commercial van (2012, supplied by Fiat)

Dodge small car (2013, supplied by Fiat)

Dodge compact sedan (2012, supplied by Fiat)

Dodge Avenger (major update 2010, replaced by Fiat product 2013)

Dodge full-size CUV (2010)

Fiat 500 (late 2010, convertible 2011, Abarth 2012)

Models Staying, Receiving Attention

Jeep Wrangler Diesel (2010/2011, not confirmed for U.S. market... yet)

Jeep Grand Cherokee (all-new 2010)

Chrysler 300C (all-new 2010)

Chrysler Town & Country (major update 2010, next-gen 2014)

Ram 1500/2500/3500 (major update 2012)

Dodge Journey (major update 2010)

Dodge Nitro (major update 2011 under consideration)

Dodge Challenger (refresh 2011)

Dodge Charger (all-new 2010)

Dodge Grand Caravan (major update 2010, next-gen 2014)

I really don't think Chrysler even care anymore. They have done absolutely nothing to improve themselves in any way.

Ford experienced severe financial troubles a few years back. What did they do? They significantly improved their quality in their products.

General Motors experienced severe financial troubles a recently. What did they do? They significantly improved their quality in their products.

And then you have Chrysler who have done the same as the other 2 and have done nothing about it. Their sales continue to decline and it just seems like they don't care. I don't know if it's them or Fiat, but someone is definitely doing something wrong.

I really don't think Chrysler even care anymore. They have done absolutely nothing to improve themselves in any way.

Ford experienced severe financial troubles a few years back. What did they do? They significantly improved their quality in their products.

General Motors experienced severe financial troubles a recently. What did they do? They significantly improved their quality in their products.

And then you have Chrysler who have done the same as the other 2 and have done nothing about it. Their sales continue to decline and it just seems like they don't care. I don't know if it's them or Fiat, but someone is definitely doing something wrong.

Chrysler is improving, reporters who have seen the new Charger and 300 have been impressed, Fiat/Chrysler CEO has said that Chrysler is hard at work redesigning the Sebring and Avenger, the new Ram truck is considered one of the best trucks today, the Viper beat all kinds of supercars at the Nurburgring, only beaten by the Radical SR8 and Gumpert Apollo, both are near-race ready cars. and Fiat also needs Chrysler, they want their North American Dealerships, Factories, and SUV, Minivan and Rear Wheel Drive platforms, with Chrysler. Fiat can now produce a new Rear Wheel Drive Alfa Romeo, Lancia and entry-level Maserati saloons. without that they would have to spend lots of money making their own RWD Platform or make a partnership which would be more costly.

The potential rebuild of the viper looks like it could be cool. I hope they do continue production!

Also, you say about them needing a turnaround, well just look at the stuff Fiat is going to have done by 2014, The whole line will be changed completely, and it's going to be amazing!

Fiat seems to have better business sence than chrysler too, in the sence that they don't overpopulate an area with different cars in the exact same segment (charger/300c for example)

The Viper is just too expensive to make though. It's so expensive that Dodge has to keep raising it's price to the point to where people don't want to buy them anymore. They are fantastic cars for the track. But, Dodge need to figure out a way to sell them for less.

An ACR is Cheaper than a ZR1...

Anyway, Some cars should have went while some should have stayed, Also I though alfa was going to Join I wanted a MiTo lol.

An ACR is Cheaper than a ZR1...

Anyway, Some cars should have went while some should have stayed, Also I though alfa was going to Join I wanted a MiTo lol.

Like Z06due said, the Z06 is cheaper than the SRT-10. It can go either way. And the ACR is only cheaper than the ZR1 because it is stripped WAY out to be a track car. the ZR1 comes with Navigation, leather interior, heated seats, air conditioning, a radio, and many other luxuries that are either an option on the ACR, or not available at all.

The ACR is a track car, the ZR1 is a car that can be driven on the track, but can also be driven on the road as well.

Fiat seems to have better business sence than chrysler too, in the sence that they don't overpopulate an area with different cars in the exact same segment (charger/300c for example)

The Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300C are similar sized cars but in different segments(Thats what their supposed to be) the Charger is supposed to be a large family car(American Size, Not European), or in the SRT8 form, a 4-Door Muscle Car. The 300C is supposed to be a full-size luxury/near luxury car. Thats why the 300C and pretty much the rest of the Chrysler lineup is going to move upmarket, to widen the gap between Chrysler and Dodge.

I think the identification of RAM as a brand is cool, rather than being just a line of Dodge. It means that they can tidy up the emissions of the Dodge line in general. without the trucks the average C02 emissions should sink massively in the short term, allowing them to sell the Dodge branded cars as being efficient, and picking up sales from there, especially if they're targeting it as a more entry level brand

• 3 weeks later...

I really can't see them lasting too much longer unless they smarten up. Can't wait for the 500 though. Saw one at Suzuka (lol, I know) back when I was in Japan, and, if the dozen Exiges tailed by a 2-Eleven didn't come rolling off the track, (Actually, one was towed... Yeah...:( ) I'd have missed the train to Hiroshima :p