We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post (kickass) onboard recordings links here and get a free sound mod! :DDD (DEFAULT VEHICLES ONLY)

Doctor G.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why just default vehicles? I mean there are so many great vehicles out converted from Forza which needs new sound mods.

Anyway not sure, but you might be able to use this video to make a 300C sound:

3:30 there's the inside view when the guy revs till redline, it also has idle sounds, maybe a few rev down sounds. Well you gotta check it out if it's good enough. Video is HD (no music only the engine sound)

Why defaut only? I already explained some time ago. Let's say that I have enough rubbish videos to check with the defaut vehicles (example : the videos you post). It's not my fault if people can't read and understand simple things and keep posting their crap here. The less I have to check, the better.

Maybe a really good Caterham sound mod, that would be great!

OR

Sorry I couldn't find any better vids, because there's always wind blowing on cameras...

I hope you get the idea of how a Caterham should sound, and I hope you make something good out of it!

Not bad at all. I already made a Caterham sound but maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Hello!

How about a brand deafult car, Pontiac GTO?

End please Doctor, check that:

XR8

None of these are good, quite the opposite. Too bad, i'd like to make a sound for the Pontiac.

What about this one?. It is a BMW Z4, posted by NeedForSpeed channel. Could be good for something with a similar engine?

And what car have a similar engine? I don't like that sound anyway, so don't bother (the transmission is too loud).

Hi!

I was wondering if you could do sound mod for Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG based on this video (

) from 1:37 on? I know that there is one on this forum, but it's not very good.

Thx

Horrible quality, I would be really depressed to work on poor audio like that and the result would be worse than the already existing mod.

[/url] ;)

sound of F430 f1 1)

or this
i think are good for a bautiful and real f430 sound.....but you are the expert and choose you.

The 355 isn't a defaut vehicle and this audio is parasited by wind and vibrations.

I just released a 430 sound and you already ask for another? Maybe you don't like it, why not posting some feedback about it then? I always like any sort of feedback, even negative if the reasons are valuable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid you'll have to keep using the old one for now because I tried both of those videos and the quality is really too crappy (distortion, no good downshifts sound etc.). But i'm sure that if you keep searching more you can find something, there are so many videos of that car around...

• 4 weeks later...

@ Doctor G

I can also get some Caterham CSR sounds from the game Race On/GTR Evo/Race 07. These are of course best quality sample. However, they're encrypted. I can also record the sounds from the game itself and then convert it to what you need. Just tell me what samples you need ;)

I can also search for some sounds on Youtube or somewhere else, but it usually ends up being crappy quality or not enough low revs/downshifts.

Edit: I also have amazing Toyota Supra sounds if you're interested :p

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone make samples of this video. It's LQ but I think the sound is good enough for it.

Not really better than the others C5R videos that I've tried, I can't do anything that sounds good enough ingame, the result is weak and too confused at high speed. Additionally, the shifting in TDU is totally different from a real C5R, which completly screws the realism of the sound in TDU (it sounds too "slow", the needle of the rev-counter drops too much everytime).

@ Doctor G

I can also get some Caterham CSR sounds from the game Race On/GTR Evo/Race 07. These are of course best quality sample. However, they're encrypted. I can also record the sounds from the game itself and then convert it to what you need. Just tell me what samples you need ;)

I can also search for some sounds on Youtube or somewhere else, but it usually ends up being crappy quality or not enough low revs/downshifts.

Edit: I also have amazing Toyota Supra sounds if you're interested :p

Hi,

You should post some links about these (there must be some on youtube) so I would know easier if I like or not. However, I'm ok for a conversion if it's not already a mod made by someone else.

For converting a sound to TDU you need to record :

1 : Startup sound

2 : Idle sound (10 seconds)

3 : Low rpm reving sound (recorded at STABLE SPEED, the needle of the rev-counter must not move of a single millimeter during your record. Example : you record 10 seconds reving at exactly 2000 rpm)

4 : Middle rpm reving sound at stable speed. Example : you record 10 seconds reving at exactly 4000 rpm)

5 : High rpm reving sound at stable speed. Example : you record 10 seconds reving at exactly 7000 rpm)

You can record a vaster range of rpm if you want, maybe the result will be better.

6 : A deceleration, make it the longest possible (5 seconds is ok, more if you can), at high speed

7 : A deceleration, make it the longest possible, at middle speed

7 : A deceleration, make it the longest possible, at low speed

Disable, if possible, all background/secondary sounds, so they don't get recorded with your engine. Record at the highest level of quality that you can get, no matter the size of the files.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You said you were looking for a Camaro sound, I found this video, and the sound is just, wow, I hope it is good enough

Not so bad, not so good.. I'm not sure, but I'm going to give it a try thanks

Alright, so I've made a long video with a recording of all revs (1000 till 8000 (8500). with 1000 RPM steps. I've converted the audio to .wav files (total of 11 files in a .rar file), 96 kHz, Stereo, 16 bit, uncompressed. Where can I upload these files?

I've sent you the result and I wait your opinion, to me it's just so-so but at least it sounds clean.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree, that this car has the most interesting V8 noise.

I tried to do the sound myself but it's pretty messed up and sounds weird, so I leave it to a proffesional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUaOpqdiyA

Hmm i'm miles from being a professional really (but thanks for the compliment) and this ain't a defaut sound.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@ Koniuuu's : Not bad, the volume level is a bit low but it could worth a try.

Now I didn't said that I wasn't happy with the other sound, I just made a version that was too loud at the beginning but now it's fixed. Maybe I'll try this audio later thanks.

@Rooo's : Man, seriously, read the requirements before posting... I can also go on Youtube for 5 minutes and find a dozen of garbage videos... Do you know how many links I can check sometimes before finding the good audio (I'd rather say the "less worst")? It's like 100, 200, 300... It really takes hours and even days.

If I could make good sound mods from such videos, I would have done all the TDU cars already and I wouldn't need to make such a thread.

And for Christ's sake ONLY POST FOR DEFAUT VEHICLES!