We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

terzer: Ferrari 458 Italia 2010 RELEASED v2

terzer

The front to rear weight distribution controls the "tail happy" part more than the grip does.

If the number is too high (52 or higher) then the car becomes more stable and drifts less. If you go 60 or higher, the car will actually settle down out of a drift VERY fast, it will run laser straight.

If the number is lower than 50, the back end is going to break out at will. If it's lower than 40, be prepared to control the car more than you really want to, a slight touch to the handbrake or even just letting off the gas, and the back end will break out sideways.

yes, but i tdu there is no such thing as weight distribution. its controlled by the oversteer setting. above 80-90 the car loses the back-end easily, but there is less understeer (it works the same as the weight distribution, but the values are different)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hilalpro
The front to rear weight distribution controls the "tail happy" part more than the grip does.

If the number is too high (52 or higher) then the car becomes more stable and drifts less. If you go 60 or higher, the car will actually settle down out of a drift VERY fast, it will run laser straight.

If the number is lower than 50, the back end is going to break out at will. If it's lower than 40, be prepared to control the car more than you really want to, a slight touch to the handbrake or even just letting off the gas, and the back end will break out sideways.

yes, but i tdu there is no such thing as weight distribution. its controlled by the oversteer setting. above 80-90 the car loses the back-end easily, but there is less understeer (it works the same as the weight distribution, but the values are different)

i tried a different method an looks like its working very well if you push the car you can have a nice smooth drift even with driving aids on..

also it improves the 0-60 acceleration!

to do that try the center of gravity decrease the x-axis to 30 increase the y axis by 3 to 5..

now you can reduce the grip and have a rocket launch and a happy-tail :)

TDUPE 2.5

Cornering Performance tab.

Center of Gravity (X Axis)

That's weight distribution front to rear, the higher the number, the more stable the car, the lower the number, the more unstable the car. Any number lower than 40 and the car will start to develop a side to side wobble from the slightest steering input, eventually the wobble turns into a full on drift, if you try to correct the drift with opposite lock, you just spin out and there's nothing you can do about it.

For a mid engined car, the best balance is in the 46 to 48 range.

Guest hilalpro
i found another thing: please in future releases make the gearbox type sequential because the right hand is in the steering wheel.

ok i tried this configuration on the track with sport mode and it looks petty much it! hypersport mode will make the car much more drifty and difficult to drive.. i also checked the strait line acceleration and it still putting down the early numbers!

db file ONLY:

D.o.W.n.L.o.A.d

Next update not finished yet :

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Terzer thx for all it's a plaisure to work with you ;)

Wow guys, that is looking SO DAMN GOOD!! I'm so glad this car is getting the care and attention it deserves!!

Yeah and thx again to Terzer for this because, some of modders don't do that.

They prefer do it themselves (Or they say always itsn't possible:cheeky:).

Here are some pictures of terzers coming Scuderia rims for 458, maybe a stripe too!

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/Viltsuaq/Italia-Scuderia1.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/Viltsuaq/Italia-Scuderia2.jpg

Pleasure to work with you terzer!

[mod edit:] Please do not post images larger than 350KB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead, thanks!

are you updates links?

I'm not sure i understood what you say. The link above is for the scuderia rims. Its also on the first page.

As for the general update i want to clean more stuff, Shark971 also wants to try with more high quality brake lights. But update is near :)

Hilalpro, wonderful job, Thanks! :)