We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to: Get a 300,000 pound insurance claim?

Mb

Test drive crash results in £300,000 insurance claim

_47528850_pagani_zonda_s_pa_226.jpg Only a handful of Pagani Zonda S cars are made each year

Repairs to a supercar damaged when a test drive went wrong near Aberdeen are set to cost an insurance firm £300,000.

The Pagani Zonda S, which would cost more than £500,000 to buy, was involved in a crash last September.

The car has been sent for repair to Modena in Italy, where the vehicles are made.

A spokesperson for insurers Aviva said: "This is the biggest insurance payout we have had for repairs to a private car in the UK."

'Painstakingly constructed'

The spokesperson said: "This is out of the ordinary for an insurer.

"Although the vehicle was badly damaged, Aviva decided that the car may be repairable and set about making arrangements for the car to be shipped across to Modena, Italy, home of Pagani, the vehicle manufacturer.

"There are roughly only 10 Zondas produced per year and they are painstakingly constructed."

The insurance claim was lodged by the test driver, not the owner of the car.

:sulk:

Heard about this on the radio yesterday.

From what i understand the owner put it into a garage or sommat maybe for an MOT or service and the mechanic done the work then some guy from the garage took it out of the test drive and couldn't handle the POWA! xD

Atleast the owner didnt have to claim on his insurance.

And wonder if he paid for the work he had done at the garage lol

Atleast it didn't almost hit a pelican and end up in a lake...

Haha. smooth.

£300,000 is an awful lot for an insurance company to pay out. I know I'd only get around £800 for my bike. That's like a *goes to calculator* *fails at maths* A lot of difference