We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ps3 - pros and cons

FizzPagan2000

I've hardly cracked a smile while on either console, even on a brand new game. The only time I really had fun was on Xbox Live on GTA IV with a friend from real life when he was trying to cut my head off using helicopter rotor blades while I was running around trying to find a car. All the other online instances I've been on I've been left feeling pretty empty and fed up.

To me they both don't seem very involving and from my perspective/experience there is no social side to online gaming on them either, I don't like using headsets but I've hardly heard anyone else in a game using theirs either besides some little kids who shouldn't be on GTA saying "HAI GUIZ HOW DU I GET DAW HELICAPTA CUZ I CANNAE FIND IT" through a really dodgy connection.

PS3 Pros from my perspective:

- Feels and looks like a quality product compared to the 360.

- At the risk of starting another argument although I don't intend to, my PS3 has not produced slow-downs, lock-ups or any other strange behaviour.

- Menus seem easier to navigate and read through than the Xbox Dashboard

- Web browser is an excellent alternative to me getting up and walking to the other side of the house to turn on my computer.

- I can re-charge the controller while I play, it's not wireless during this time but I don't care because the charging cable allows me to sit in the same place as I do wirelessly. I also don't have to faff about with stupid re-chargable batteries all the time.

- I prefer the smaller controller despite having quite large hands.

- It was alot easier to connect my PS3 to my PC than it was to connect my Xbox to my PC so I can listen to my music, watch movies, etc. which are on my PC.

- Believe it or not my PS3 actually cost less than my Xbox 360 and has eight times the storage space.

- Due to HDMI it produces a much better quality picture on my TV.

- Online service costs nothing.

PS3 Cons from my perspective:

- A distinct lack of games which I actually like.

- Not many of my friends actually have/use a PS3.

- My friends that do have a console mostly have an Xbox 360.

- My console doesn't have backwards compatability which I was rather looking forward to because I could finally return to playing GT4 and all the other PS2 classics but alas, in my haste I bought the version which lacks this feature. Obviously this is my fault.

- Online service leaves alot to be desired.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you feel the need to brag about your system at every chance you get... I too have a nucular power station probly more so than yours but you've just said it yourself you've never played LIVE for a prolonged time...

You are the definition on a PC fanboy and your comments are both negitive and unneeded. If all you want to do is start arguments stay out of topics like these.

Your supposedly "staff", start acting like it.

come on woody your points are valid but you don't need to get nasty :)

diverse views should be welcomed more often - especially on tdu-c. we don't all need to think the same things.

do we?

oh can i just add - 360 on wifi is tolerable but tdu will have you resetting every 15mins trust me.

the wireless adaptor is just not up to the task (assuming it's the official ms one you're using).

I too have a decent PC, well, it was 2 years ago when I built it but it still performs well in most games when I overclock it. Also have an Xbox 360 and easy access to a PS3.

And the one I play and enjoy the most is the Xbox, it's more of a social console, relatively cheap, has very good graphics for the price and only costs about £25 a year for XBL. Overall it's just an easier and more enjoyable experience.

PC gaming is also good, but it lacks the social feel for me and a PC will need upgrading every couple of years to play the most recent games at a good quality. Which whilst that is something that I can afford to do, it's something that I don't do as I don't use the PC often enough to justify spending a lot of money upgrading it.

As to the PS3, it's more of a media centre than anything else to me. Fair enough it plays games, but there is still a lack of quality PS3 games. And any multi-platform games I get for the Xbox as online seems more reliable and of a better quality. The blu-ray player is the main feature of a PS3 for me.

• 8 months later...