We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

mod installing problem help me !

CemBerk

i want install any mods i click xxx.exe and i click next then i click install its give error

current patch can't be installed:

Patch was not applied as a critical error occured.

please contact Modding Tools support.

help me pls :crying:

sorry my english bad :ill:

what are you installing exactly and where is your TDU install directory?

if you have your tdu version installed somwhere differnt from c:/program files/atari/Test Drive Unlimited/ the mod installer program WILL NOT find the game files it needs to instal the mod you want.

i have XP i cant run administrator

click & read

what are you installing exactly and where is your TDU install directory?

if you have your tdu version installed somwhere differnt from c:/program files/atari/Test Drive Unlimited/ the mod installer program WILL NOT find the game files it needs to instal the mod you want.

i have to disagree

Same. All of my games are installed in E:\Games\...

The built-in Administrator account has the same permissions as other admins in XP. Only in Windows Vista and 7 does the built-in account have higher permissions than your account, unless you tweak a few settings (not recommended)).

The mod installer grabs the path from the registry, so make sure the entry in there is correct

Click Start - Run

regedit (press Enter)

Navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atari\TDU' on the left panel

On the right, make sure that 'install_path' points to the right folder and is spelled correctly.

Since I have TDU installed 4 times on my PC (for the Alpine, Winter, and Tropical mods (plus original), if I want to install a lot of mods for one type of environment mod, I'll switch the install path in the registry so that I don't have to change it 50 times when I grab the latest cars from last month (usually download them when Leadfoot makes his CoTM list).

click & read[/url][/font]

i have to disagree

why do you have to dissagree??

Same. All of my games are installed in E:\Games\...

The built-in Administrator account has the same permissions as other admins in XP. Only in Windows Vista and 7 does the built-in account have higher permissions than your account, unless you tweak a few settings (not recommended)).

The mod installer grabs the path from the registry, so make sure the entry in there is correct

Click Start - Run

regedit (press Enter)

Navigate to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atari\TDU' on the left panel

On the right, make sure that 'install_path' points to the right folder and is spelled correctly.

Since I have TDU installed 4 times on my PC (for the Alpine, Winter, and Tropical mods (plus original), if I want to install a lot of mods for one type of environment mod, I'll switch the install path in the registry so that I don't have to change it 50 times when I grab the latest cars from last month (usually download them when Leadfoot makes his CoTM list).

If the mod installer is the Djey intaller then you should be able to install the mod on a different TDU installation JUST BY CHANGING THE INSALL TDU DIRECTORY PATH as regedit is more of a hassle (good idea for installing and running mulitple TDU installs though) eg if you installed TDU on d: you just change c:\program files\atari\TDU\ to d:\where ever you installed it\atari\TDU\, simple easy, hassle free.