We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Feature Suggestions for TDUPE

dredgy

Right, TDUPE is still under somewhat active development although there has been a bit of a hiatus since January.

I want TDUPE3 released within the next couple of weeks and I intend it to be the final version of TDUPE, so I want it to be a good release.

So let me know every little (however seemingly ridiculous) suggestion that you would like to see in TDUPE3.

The full car name list from the 1.68 patch.

Proper engine type names, a flathead and a flat engine are two different things. Flat engines are usually called Boxers. And there's at least one engine type missing, although I forgot what it was at this point, I think it's either the Veyron or Gumpert engine.

The advanced 4 camera system for each car.

A rim size option instead of the swap method.

Tire width and height options if possible. Basically the ability to put in the numbers for the right tire size, and have them show up on the car and in the car's data in the menu ingame.

And I don't think this one is possible, but a rim offset feature would be awesome, some mods have the rims set inside the tires, so no matter how big you make the rims, they never look any bigger so they need a way to push the rim away from the car but leave the tire where it is.

Maybe add a slider to the Center of Gravity options.

That's all I can think of for now.

What would be brilliant if allt he changes made in the previous TDUPE's (Name changes etc) are still there. Cause now i use the first version as the 2nd one needs all the names again (iirc?) and i'm not bothered doing them all over.

Guest turbo lag

What it needs is...

If possible, a BTRQ swap thing in the Misc section. (Just like rim swap, HUD etc.)

If possible, a BTRQ editor. (Different to a swap)

BTRQs do somewhat contain some performance data, it'd save someone like me a hell of a lot of time.

Tyre Width and if possible a camber editor.

Like Kurgan said, proper engine type names.

Proper named description of the Center of Gravity (as in, 50 makes it middle)

Tuning packs editing.

Just suggestions.

Guest turbo lag

A BTRQ file, found inside the car exterior file, somewhat controls a car's performance to an extent; examples such as the Rev Limiter, Wheelspin etc. can be controlled (remember, to an extent) with the BTRQ.

Guest turbo lag

Yes, Kurgan is correct, however I can notice that most people don't know how to use the tool properly.

However the guy could mean a proper governed speed limiter. But you can (almost) replicate it properly if you know what you're doing.

Well one of my things would be..

Auto read database, so if djey or myself add a new brand, engine, tyre etc it will pick it up. Atm TDUPE doesn't read djeys new community patch that has a whole new brands list added actually, so a auto read would be very handy. :p

Auto read database, so if djey or myself add a new brand, engine, tyre etc it will pick it up. Atm TDUPE doesn't read djeys new community patch that has a whole new brands list added actually, so a auto read would be very handy

Getting there. Brands will be probably still have to be added manually though. I did some light work last week which allows it to utilise the logos from TDUMT and autoreads the names of cars.

The full car name list from the 1.68 patch.

Names are automatic, but yeah the brands I have to figure out myself since I don't have a copy of the list of them, but I'll get there.

Would also like to mention I can't actually add new editable things such as Rim Size or anything else with wheels really - everything that is editable is already editable, except for tuning packs, which have been in TDUPE3 since January.

I'll give a proper preview for TDUPE3 on my site in the next week or two, but here's one screenshot showing the logo integration and autoread of names.

Screen_4.png

Also notice the new progress bar at the bottom, that entire toolbar shows warnings an errors if your game is incompatible (no magic map, no community patch, no megapack). The progress bar is for when downloading physics from my site. I've recently added a forum which I haven't launched yet, but it's on there and I'm hoping to get modders to upload their physics on to the forums when it is complete and then those physics can be downloaded directly from within TDUPE, as well as links to appropriate vehicle models.

is it too late for ideas??, there usta be this program you get with "Racer" called curves, it allows you to edit the torque curves allong the rev range by simply clicking and draging... is there any way this can be used in TDUPE or maybe even another program?? :D

is it too late for ideas??, there usta be this program you get with "Racer" called curves, it allows you to edit the torque curves allong the rev range by simply clicking and draging... is there any way this can be used in TDUPE or maybe even another program??

Yeah it's possible, but I won't do it. It involves to many tricky controls, more complex programming and some maths.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess what I'd like most is a more detailed version of your tooltips. If they're too long for a pop-up tooltip, I wouldn't mind having a readme file or a separate tab that acts as a manual on it.

I don't really know how this could be improved on but the car's CoG (x-axis) should be better labeled. I mean, adjusting it has nothing much to do with the car's weight distribution but rather alters grip, drag and acceleration all in one.

Also, it'd be great if there's the option of using modded names instead of default names. Sometimes I forget which car I placed which mod.

And I know this requires a bit of effort, but perhaps the default rim option can be arranged according to rim-wheel ratio? I mean like the user either has the option to have it alphabetically or smallest to biggest (i.e. Charger Super Bee to Chevrolet SSR).

I don't really know much about the software code of TDUPE and which of these are TDU limited so pardon if the ideas are farfetched.

Also, it'd be great if there's the option of using modded names instead of default names. Sometimes I forget which car I placed which mod.

See screenshot above, also read/watch this:

http://tduforums.com/showthread.php?tid=24

I guess what I'd like most is a more detailed version of your tooltips. If they're too long for a pop-up tooltip, I wouldn't mind having a readme file or a separate tab that acts as a manual on it.

I'm too busy to write them myself, and I don't have much experience with actually modding the physics so there are others better qualified to do it, and some guides have been submitted to me - so an online guide and most likely a read me file will be included with more detailed tips on each known one.

And I know this requires a bit of effort, but perhaps the default rim option can be arranged according to rim-wheel ratio? I mean like the user either has the option to have it alphabetically or smallest to biggest (i.e. Charger Super Bee to Chevrolet SSR).

First things first, I don't pay attention to rims at all on cars in game, bar the Reventon. However I will be happy to include this if someone can provide me with a list of the sizes.

could you add 8 gears support?

No. That's TDU limited.

Could you "borrow" curves from racer ?

No, that's stealing and the chances of the tools being written in the same language are slim. Also, the feature is pointless since torque curves aren't really applicable to TDU since it just uses a set torque at a set RPM.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Hello everyone

So, I'm new to the forum (I would take the time to introduce myself later) and I wanted to ask the following question:

why a number of horses like 600-700 on some cars they are still wrapped around the 5,000 rpm mins? the fact that in neutral and when I disconnected in each report ... thank you in advance for? Very Happy

I don't really know how this could be improved on but the car's CoG (x-axis) should be better labeled. I mean, adjusting it has nothing much to do with the car's weight distribution but rather alters grip, drag and acceleration all in one.

Those are side-effects to altering the weight distribution, and there's an easy way to prove that.

Pick a car and set the weight all the way forward, then go hit a jump, and watch how fast the car nosedives into the ground.

Now reset the weight distro all the way to the back of the car and hit that same jump, the back end of the car will hit the ground first and the nose will fly upward.

This was also proven in the topic asking how to get cars to do wheelies, someone posted their settings that had drag cars doing wheelstands down the street.

Those are side-effects to altering the weight distribution, and there's an easy way to prove that.

Pick a car and set the weight all the way forward, then go hit a jump, and watch how fast the car nosedives into the ground.

Now reset the weight distro all the way to the back of the car and hit that same jump, the back end of the car will hit the ground first and the nose will fly upward.

This was also proven in the topic asking how to get cars to do wheelies, someone posted their settings that had drag cars doing wheelstands down the street.

A little OP, While the straight-line performance effects of altering CoG can easily be adjusted with Acceleration, Inertia and Drag, it also makes the steering harder, as if the Force Feedback was increased. Editing Steering Response doesn't soften it. :(

• 3 weeks later...