We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Worth Upgrading to good wheel?

Guest mr cars

Guest mr cars

I'm possibly going to get a new racing wheel for my PS3. The GT5 logitech wheel looks quite good, but is it worth getting it?

Thanks in advance!

Guest turbo lag

Well honestly it depends on your price range.. and what games you're playing on it. If anything it's better to go for the cheaper alternative unless you're playing is more serious.

If you can afford a G25, it's awesome - simple as that.

Ignoring all my driving games on PC, I've used the G25 (shifter and all) on the following PS3 titles successfully:

Ferrari Challenge

Supercar Challenge

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Midnight Club Los Angeles

139912d1261418244-ps3-logitech-driving-force-pro-steering-wheel-gran-turismo-pc-dfp2.jpg

This is Logitech DFP. I own it and only thing i can complain about is that pedals move too lighthly. Well i took em apart and changed the springs so now i'ts ok. And about the price? Well, i got mine for 33 euros, mint condition. And it works with PS3. G25/27 is better but also really expensive. If you got money for G25 then buy it, if not then DFP is the wheel you are looking for.

Guest ryanb98

No, I don't.:crying: I'll bear all this in mind ;) cuz I'm worried about my PS3 at the mo, as it's getting louder, freezing up a bit and at the weekend it's fans went crazy, followed by a green flashing light. Think it might be a sign YLOD is coming! If it does then I'll probaly consider the new 360 slim, as it's better value for money and will hopefully be RROD immune!

No, I don't.:crying: I'll bear all this in mind ;) cuz I'm worried about my PS3 at the mo, as it's getting louder, freezing up a bit and at the weekend it's fans went crazy, followed by a green flashing light. Think it might be a sign YLOD is coming! If it does then I'll probaly consider the new 360 slim, as it's better value for money and will hopefully be RROD immune!

Do yourself a favour and back up your data, I do on a regular basis just in case and it's paid off when my PS3 broke recently. Even if you don't plan on getting a new PS3 should it break it's a worthwhile exercise just in case and the files don't take up much (make sure you back up the right things).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mr cars

Thanks for all the replies! I got a DFGT and i just love it on GT5. It's pretty good on TDU2 as well, allows you to be smooth and fairly precise (changing lanes precisely on the highway at 150mph can be hard with the DS3) and the button layout works well. I have turned the vibration off for TDU2 though as it was very rough and vibrated at random points.