We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CVT: Continually Variable Transmission.

midtown292

Not really a mod, but here goes:

CVT is a transmission which is like an automatic, but it has no gears. This is how I emulated it in TDU - I will post a video/videos later. So far I have only tried the Nissan 350Z Nismo.

1. You need TDU Modding Tools 1.12 or later.

2. Open the vehicle editor on the Modding Tools and open the car you want to change to CVT.

3. On the physics tab change the gearbox to sequential the click set.

4. Change the number of gears to 1 then click set.

5. Change the gear ratio for 1st to 15 and the final ratio to 12.

6. Click set then save.

DONE! Your first gear with act as Drive with the rpms gradually rising as your speed increases. So far I have reached 140 mph. :) I know its not exactly real because CVT stays at low RPMs, but its the closest we can have - and its great for cruising.

lol! such a clever idea!

too bad that will take a bit of time reaching the max speed... lol

Lol, thanks! Yes, I know acceleration speed suffers, but it's really for cruising cos it makes a good change from manual transmission (although manual is the best!). :thumbsup: I have the Lexus GS with it too now cos that car has a CVT option in real life. The Nissan 350Z does not but it look a bit like / has the same dashboard gauges as the Nissan Altima which has CVT as standard.

This will make DAF mods possible! :thumbsup:

If not playing online you can set the engine RPM higher and maybe you can put the engine's max power on a very low rpm so in the beginning it accelerates quick but as you go faster (when in cvt the ratio's higher) the engine loses power.

This will make DAF mods possible! :thumbsup:

If not playing online you can set the engine RPM higher and maybe you can put the engine's max power on a very low rpm so in the beginning it accelerates quick but as you go faster (when in cvt the ratio's higher) the engine loses power.

I have now used TDUPE to do this, and now the Lexus has the real 0-60 of 5 secs instead of being like a posh Prius xD. I put the Nissan back to normal, and changed the LS600h to make it similarly realistic.

• 4 weeks later...