We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - Ferrari 599 sound mod

Doctor G.

Thanks man! About the sound volume, you are right, it is too low. But in my samples the volume is already above the maximum and if I continue to amplify it I get too much distortion, so I don't know what to do. Looks like some bnk's have a lower volume than others, like this one, i'm not too sure about that. Maybe there is another bnk that have a better sound volume that I could use but i didn't take the time to search, if someone has a clue I'll try to do a second version (the horn of the cars must be the same).

ooo another spot on sound :) the volume level is only problem of course, i guess you'll have to figure out a way of fixing it some time :/

as for the original recording, i have it on my ferrari speedometer app on my ipod :D

Thanks man! About the sound volume, you are right, it is too low. But in my samples the volume is already above the maximum and if I continue to amplify it I get too much distortion, so I don't know what to do. Looks like some bnk's have a lower volume than others, like this one, i'm not too sure about that. Maybe there is another bnk that have a better sound volume that I could use but i didn't take the time to search, if someone has a clue I'll try to do a second version (the horn of the cars must be the same).
I understand, some BNKs have a certain xmb configuration, seriously lowering engine volume :(... e.g. that's the case when based on 612 Scaglietti or RS4 BNKs. Will try this mod tonight.

camryt: not a problem this mod perfectly fits the 612 Scaglietti as well, as it has a 48 valve-V12 with a slightly lower displacement as the 599 :)

Edit : tried it. It's awesome. As Bimmer just said, volume is not an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

@ video poster (:)) : Could you tell me your ride height and the suspension height, which are working online? Or could you give me a screenshot of your car physics out of the modding tools?

My game is crashing, because it doesn't accept the height or the suspension height of the car?! :/

thanks in advance,

chris

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

As I've already said the sound is awesome, however I've just realised it only revs till like 7500 RPM, while the real 599 can rev till 8400 RPM, which makes the car sound in game a bit strange. It simply loops the 7500 RPM sound till 8400. So can you plz fix that?

@ video poster (:)) : Could you tell me your ride height and the suspension height, which are working online? Or could you give me a screenshot of your car physics out of the modding tools?

I use the defaut car and physics so I cannot help.

As I've already said the sound is awesome, however I've just realised it only revs till like 7500 RPM, while the real 599 can rev till 8400 RPM, which makes the car sound in game a bit strange. It simply loops the 7500 RPM sound till 8400. So can you plz fix that?

Do you mean that the modded car is designed to reach those 8400 rpm's which means that everyone using this mod has this issue? Or is it just a problem due to your personal settings?

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Well the real 599 GTB revs till 8400 RPM, this sound revs till 7500 (yes even lower now that I checked). So every1 who actually knows something about cars, won't be happy with only a new model, but a proper physics mod and sound mod. I reduced the 599's redline to 8000 RPM, but it's still crappy.