We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Custom car dealerships

Northldn1

Ok i was thinking they should be custom car dealerships where you can buy limited edition,modified cars from famous tuning company's/brands.

You can unlock custom car dealerships depending on the challenge

For example company's like brabus,gembella,Wiesmann,hamann,etc.

For example cars like

brabus-g-v12.jpg

picture%5C111255181310.jpg

Ford-RS500-Front.jpg

Please suggest more

I could think of 2 options:

*insert country/continent here* Independents: also used in TDU1 for brands like Pagani+Edonis, RUF+Wiesmann, etc

Internet order: configure the car you want online, and order it. It'll be shipped and you'll get a message when you can take the cover off the car at the airport.

That would mean more licensing.

Eden probably already is getting custom car licenses due to Porsche* only being restricted to EA.

*Does not mean Porsche is in the game

Well the game is called test drive unlimited 2 so car licensing shouldn't really be an issue tbh.

Why should there be a limit to cars in-game i mean every other racing game has the typical Ferrari,Lamborghini,Bugatti etc.

Ok then. I dunno where you'll find the many many thousands of euros to get the license for TDU2, but you get the money, and I'll search the bankaccount data...

You think licensing is just a visit from dev to carbrand, sipping coffee, doing a high-five and voila, license obtained? It costs major money, incase you didn't know, and seen as EA got the exclusive Porscherights, you'll need Bill Gates or a mid-class sheik to pay the license for using Porsche's in TDU2.

Your telling me they don't have the funds for licensing when they have cars like

09 SLR McLaren Roadster

10 SLR Stirling Moss

08 Zonda Cinque

'08 C12 Zagato

Gumpert '08 Apollo Sport

08 Q7 Coastline

11 MP4-12C

Koenigsegg 08 CCXR Edition

10 V12 Vantage Carbon Black Special Edition

Its not an if porche is not present in-game

True. Brabusses are overpriced and incomplete rice-Mercs. You get a black paint, new wheels and some upgrades and pay 350K for an E-Class... right...

I'm not a fan of brabus myself but i would like to see the gl v12 brabus edition

[mod edit:] Please do not double post, use the edit button instead. Thanks!

Your telling me they don't have the funds for licensing when they have cars like

09 SLR McLaren Roadster

10 SLR Stirling Moss

08 Zonda Cinque

'08 C12 Zagato

Gumpert '08 Apollo Sport

08 Q7 Coastline

11 MP4-12C

Koenigsegg 08 CCXR Edition

10 V12 Vantage Carbon Black Special Edition

Its not an if porche is not present in-game

You didn't read my post good and you don't understand what's going on. You now think, as an SLR is more expensive than a 911, that they can pay for all cars. That's just wrong because it doesn't work that way.

Porsche is EA-Only. If EA pays Porsche a normal price for this exclusive license, Porsche says no, because they can easily get more money by getting in more games than just three next NFS'es. This means EA has to compensate for that, so they pay a huge sum of money to make Porsche an EA-Only. If now Eden shows up to get a license for Porsche, EA steps in and says Eden has to pay an awful price, seen as Porsche then is not EA-Only anymore.

Get the idea? It's like you own a watch of which only one exists. That means you only sell it for a ridiculous price. If there are 5 million of that very same watch, you'll have to be glad anybody actually is willing to pay anything...

This has little or nothing to do with the catalogue prices of the vehicles. Some brands will be easy and ask a little bit of money, and others ask either too much or won't even consider it.

@Northldn1: CLR-GTR is rigth EA will only sell the Porsche license at an very high price.

thats why Forza has Porsche becuse Microsoft is paying the bills.The cars TDU2 will have is sometime more then they want ,for example Eden just wanted the SLR, SL black and the SLK but Mercedes disagree and they say if they want the license they have alsp put other cars like the SLR Stirling Moss and others.

@CLR-GTR at least EA could make a discount in Classic Porsches like the 356B, 1gen 911,944 Turbo and the 959.

Yeah, CLR is right. He just explained the whole Porsche thing. The licensing part is also why TDU didn't have Porsche. Eden probably wanted to get Porsche in TDU but couldn't do it because of greedy EA. :mad: But, Eden was nice enough to get RUF which is basically the same almost. :) So if TDU2 won't have Porsche..well...RUF might be there.

I don't know about BMW's licensing..."issues". Or if they have any. Or if BMW is EA only. I'll have to look it up and see, I guess.

• 1 month later...

I want some Gpowered BMWs to be honest (:

And as far as licensing argument goes, you don't pay more money for an SLR than lets say a Focus RS. Its all about getting the brand. It doesn't matter which model car it is, maybe veyron can be exclusive, but that is why they can get 10-12 car brands in the game for the same price of EA would sell the Porsche brand so yeah... no point, just get RUF :) Or gemballa as some people already suggested.