We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A Photo A Day Experiment

Loz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for not updating everyday recently. I have been incredibly busy the past few days, maily trying to get one with something that i haven't really started yet (my model railway).

I'll try get back on track tomorrow with the previous photo's i misssed.

I made a pun up there :P.

Unfortunate news time.

Sadly, i have had to make a decision about continuing A Photo A Day after not posting a photo for 5 days. After a long thought process, i have decided to cancel A Photo A Day.

One of the main reasons behind the cancelation was motivation. After having a good first and 2nd week, the task of trying to get a good photo each day and not achieving that task (my opinion) has become a bit de-moralising and rather boring. Lack of time was also another feature to this reason, with my model railway and catching up with friends.

Another possible reason was lack off feedback, which started off well, but peetered out around the end of page 3. There is a similar lack off feedback on my Flickr and Twitter accounts :(.

I am very suprised i managed to make it this far taking roughly a photo a day, i thought it would last a week or some, but just over a month is pretty good for me.

Not all is lost though. Having gained a few new skills in photography, i plan to make use of my camera more often, and post some photo's here and elsewhere.

Can't really think of anything else to say now except, thankyou for your feedback on a majority of my photo's in this thread ;).

I admire you for trying, I wouldn't have even had the guts to go for it. I can appreciate being too busy to take a photo a day. I could just about upload one a day but never take one each day, and when you have daily commitments the scenery around you is always going to be quite similar, limiting your options.

I think the drop in feedback came from the fact that you were low on inspiration, a lot of the photos were flowers, model cars, model trains and your pets. I'm not trying to be insulting (but probably am regardless) but it got a bit boring.. I hate to say that but it's how I feel.

Like I said though, respect for attempting it and you do take good photos.