We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New phone.

Jazzi

Right guys. I've decided out with the old and in with the new, so I'm looking at getting a new phone sometime in the foreseeable future. I've narrowed it down to my list of 3 that I can think of.

Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 Mini Pro

Sony Ericsson C905

Any more options are welcome but remember

- Needs to be PAYG, and has to be unlocked (or can be unlocked)

- Not over £300

- Qwerty keyboard preferable but not essential

- WiFi preferable but not essential

- Touch Screen typing not desirable!

I'm not sure about the Minis, but the batteries in the X10 are shocking (Worse than the iPhone's).

If you think you're going to be taking a lot of photies then get the Cyber shot, The vivaz has an 8mp camera but the vivaz pro has a 5mp (Due to the keyboard and other things).

I'd probably get the vivaz myself.

I was about to recommend the Aino, but checked the prices first.

Not sure why its so expensive in the UK??

I got mine nearly half the price in the UAE.

Anyway, if I was to get one of your choices, I'd go with the 905.

I guess its only downside compared to the other two is the lack of 'full' keyboard... if that bothers you.

The xperia is the best out of that list in my opinion. i would recommend you my pda. under 300€ qwerty keyboard, touchscreen, wifi, bluetooth, gps etc etc. but its exclusive by a portuguese operator or what the hell you call it. Unless ur willing to buy a phone from ptgal and unlock it.. hmm

Hmmm. Thanks guys for all the help, I've decided that I'm going with the Xperia X10 Mini Pro :)

I'm a bit financially stable now so I can put it on contract. Going with 3 Mobile for £15 a month. I get unlimited internet, unlimited texts, unlimited 3 to 3 calls and 100 minutes to any network so that'll do me nicely.

Went into the shop today to have a little play with one and I can safely say its the best one out of the choices :) Ordering it as soon as my new visa card comes though :)

Unlimited Internet? :eek:

I'm on a comparable 3 plan ($29 cap) in Australia and don't get any Internet for that. I spend an extra $8 per month for 250mb per month, but rarely use it since my phone rarely stays in the 3G zone unless I'm in or very close to the city (Melbourne). If I'm not in the 3G zone, they charge 65c per 100k or something. :(

I rarely make phone calls and have never actually used the $29 worth of calls itself (let alone the $150 or whatever it is the cap gives me) as I use the smart phone as a MP3 player, GPS, camera, and Internet browser more than I do a phone. I'll probably end up switching to Telstra at the end of this year when there are a number of Windows 7 Phones to choose from.