We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to properly disable effects like transmissions, turbos etc.?

Doctor G.

I'd like to remove the secondary effects from the sound mods that I make (like transmissions, turbos etc.).

I don't want to silent these effects by replacing their sound samples with blank ones in the common.bnk file, I need those to be disabled directly from the bnk (if it is a setting that depends on the bnk, which I don't know).

I don't want either to use another bnk in replacement to remove the effects, I want to keep the original one.

Anyone knows how to do that?

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think that anyone know a way of disable the effects (at least not yet),but probably has one,since all the sounds are "linked" to every car,maybe a config in the car bnk or something

btw,you know if anyone figured out how to eliminate that sttutering sound in some bnk like on the mclarens?

These settings are likely to be in XMB file into sound BNK. Looks like noone has the time/will to open it with a hex-editor to alter some values.

But, there's a chance to deactivate Turbo per vehicle slot by changing turbo count with TDU Modding Tools or TDU PE..

OT : sound stuttering issue is a bug with some rear engines in surround mode. To solve it:

- either move the sound source to front with TDUMT/TDUPE

- or set your speakers to 2.0/2.1 in windows control panel

- or change TDU.exe process affinity to only one core in Task Manager (or use great app as Bill2's Process Manager) - you may get a slight performance decrease though

In fact I wanted these effects to be disabled so that anyone using the sound mod would have them silenced without having anything to do. But as Djey pointed it looks to be impossible, it must be a setting in that mysterious xmb file. I tried to replace some xmb files by others with no secondary effects but then I had a blank sound so I gave up. However, it's not a problem in general to find a similar bnk without the effects enabled, in replacement and that's what I do (also sometimes it is possible to higher the sound volume of the sample so the lousy effects are almost not noticeable anymore).

@Wagner : About the stuttering I think Djey answered better that I can do (I really don't know why it happens and I thougt the only solution was to use another bnk to import the samples like someone already did long ago for the defaut Ruf sounds who had this problem too).

Thank you very much for the help guys.