We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hawaiian Paradise V0.1.9 Released!

edwin

very nice, i like your mod. thaks

Thanx! I hope more people will enjoy it.:)

Upcoming version will also include a new licence plate:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14117&stc=1&d=1287164297attachment.php?attachmentid=14118&stc=1&d=1287164297

It looks very metal like ingame. I am proud of the result!:excited:

Also new fruit will be included. I have added lemon trees:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14119&stc=1&d=1287164302

and mandarin hedges:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14120&stc=1&d=1287164302

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those lemons have the size of a damn jackfruit! :lol:

but besides that looks good :D

BTW,loved the car plate,how did you make that metallic look?

Yes the lemons are big, the texture size is really small and if I make it bigger, the impact on the game is to much... Besides they really exist:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14121&stc=1&d=1287168327

Link: http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/natural_world/plant_world/heaviest_lemon.aspx

Now that I think of it, Jackfruit may be a good idea to...;)

The metal looking plate is kind of a coincidence.

I make the plate using layers. For this 1 I used 5 layers. Its the Hawaii texture combined with a yellow layer which makes the metallic look. And for the 3d effect I use the nvidia plugin for photoshop to make a normal map.

@ Illusion: Thanx, that means a lot to me coming from you!:)

It took me 1/2 an hour, but the new plate is ready:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14122&stc=1&d=1287172435

Just 1 wrong letter...:oook:

Now that I spend so much time for the new changes, I might as well release the new version 0.1.6. Its in the 1st post. Enjoy and don't forget to look at the tunnel walls!:lol:

@Rodrighazzo: Thanx, and i'm not done yet!:cool: @wagnerpsc: The Jackfruit is difficult becouse they come from the stem of the tree... The pineapple is a very nice idee though!:bananadance: @everyone: I forgot to mention the orange tree in version 0.1.6: [img]http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14124&stc=1&d=1287223889[/img] [quote name='wagnerpsc']LOL.LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE EFFING LEMONS,AHAHAHAHA +rep for that,made me laugh very very loud,:lol: and jackfruits would be nice,we have plenty of these here in brazil,dunno in hawaii,pineapples and like you said in illusion's thread papaya trees would be better yet :D[/QUOTE] I have added the pineapples. They will be in the next update. [img]http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=14126&stc=1&d=1287233749[/img] [size="1"][color="Red"][mod edit:][/color] Please do not double post, use the edit button instead. Thanks![/size]

hi thanks for the mod, do they have coconuts there in hawaii.

Yes they have! I may find a way to add them to the tall palm trees!:ccat:

Edit:

Sadly its not possible in a nice way:

3rd attempt:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14129&stc=1&d=1287337594

4th attempt:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14130&stc=1&d=1287337594

The 1st and 2nd attempt were even worse.

Personally i'm convinced that its not good enough. I think that its not possible to do...:( Or maybe somebody like it?

What I have done is restoring textures:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14131&stc=1&d=1287337594

This palm has its origional texture back becouse its nicer and ads veriation.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14128&stc=1&d=1287337594

This palm had lost some quality wich i restored and I enhanced the color to be more natural.

All coming up in the next update!:bananajump:

WOW,great work

Thanx!

Now I have updated the palm trunks:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14132&stc=1&d=1287422857attachment.php?attachmentid=14133&stc=1&d=1287422858

I like the green trunk of palm trees.

The orginal trunk is this one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14134&stc=1&d=1287422858

The palms in the game have a stem more like a bamboo palm.

For those who don't like it that much: don't worry most of the palm trunks are traditional brownish.;)

So with this update i'm releasing version 0.1.7 of Hawaiian Paradise (1st post). Have fun!:bananajump:

@ Leonhart & Aleks666: Thanx!:)

I have made some new textures and modded some.

1st the palm trunks:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14159&d=1287667736

The trunk colouring and 3d texture has been altered to "blend in" a little better.

2nd You have to watch out for snakes now!

attachment.php?attachmentid=14160&stc=1&d=1287667780

3rd there was somebody who wanted military aircrafts. I made the kamikaze aircrafts from the Japanese.(Hope the American's don't take offence ;)).

attachment.php?attachmentid=14161&stc=1&d=1287667780attachment.php?attachmentid=14162&stc=1&d=1287667780attachment.php?attachmentid=14163&stc=1&d=1287667780

This mods will all be included in the 0.1.8 mod!

Edit: The USAF aircraft is also completed:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14166&stc=1&d=1287687291attachment.php?attachmentid=14167&stc=1&d=1287687291

I only have a small problem with it, the aircraft is white in the far distance...

I have released version 0.1.8! Now you can enjoy the new aircrafts. I hope to solve the white plane in the distance problem, but I doubt it...

thanks for crediting me [even tho you asked after using it]

i don't have time to test your mod yet, but judging from the screenshots/descriptions, here's what i think:

1.Clear blue sky: nothing like my version, and it makes no sense that sun reflects on ocean when the sun is not present, looks more like my 'dawn' version.

2.Partly clouded with sun: looks more like a "clear blue sky" to me, a few white clouds don't mean much...

apart from that, your installer looks good, [i made this mod for myself, and decided to share it with others, so did not worry about that side of it]

thanks for crediting me [even tho you asked after using it]

i don't have time to test your mod yet, but judging from the screenshots/descriptions, here's what i think:

1.Clear blue sky: nothing like my version, and it makes no sense that sun reflects on ocean when the sun is not present, looks more like my 'dawn' version.

2.Partly clouded with sun: looks more like a "clear blue sky" to me, a few white clouds don't mean much...

apart from that, your installer looks good, [i made this mod for myself, and decided to share it with others, so did not worry about that side of it]

I'm sorry that I asked after using it.:o I thougth that you were gone with the wind, so I thought that it was only a formality (there was no disclaimer).

Thanx for your feedback. I will look into the weather problem when I have the time (kind of busy right now). I made my own names becouse I could not figure out the pack...:confused:

@edwin: i checked the .ini files in your mod, you have indeed made my 'dawn' as your 'clear blue sky' it is not actually clear, there are a lot of foggy clouds and the sun is often hidden behind those, low on the horizon. that is why the sun is not visible in your screenshot, even tho it reflects on the ocean. if you watch the whole sequence, the fog changes to greyish clouds also.

the file in my mod was in the 'dawn' folder, also if you check it's contents you'll see the times of day are:

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_NIGHT_B" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_NIGHT_B" ""

StaticCfg = "FREERIDEWEATHER_MORNING_B" ""

so 'dawn' seemed the most appropriate name for it, no biggie, no need to change it unless you update the mod for other reasons, renaming it 'foggy blue dawn' or something more appropriate would be appreciated.

edit: other than changing the names, can you let me know if you modified anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been quiet for a wile, but I have not been doing nothing.:)

So I present Hawaiian Paradise V 0.1.9.

A few little things has been done and a complete new weather model.

A new tunnel design:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14250&stc=1&d=1290156416

And a lantern post:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14255&stc=1&d=1290156632

And the new weather, 1st one is blue sky with a few clouds (cloud texture is 4 times smaller than the origional for better performance)

attachment.php?attachmentid=14251&stc=1&d=1290156632

A new Tropical depression:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14252&stc=1&d=1290156632

A new clear blue sky, now there are absolutely no clouds at all! (the cloud texture file is very very small now for optimal performance)

attachment.php?attachmentid=14253&stc=1&d=1290156632

A new red sundown:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14254&stc=1&d=1290156632

You can download the V 0.1.9 In the first post. The upcoming V 0.2.0 version will soon be presented in a new topic!:cool:

• 5 months later...