We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

iLLGT3

Years ago when I first got Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3) I played it for like 3 months and never got bored. Then much later when I got Oblivion somehow it didn't leave much of an impression on me despite having better graphics, more voiced characters, etc. Don't really know what to expect - obviously Skyrim is going to be a very high quality game as expected from Bethesda, but they better make the story with you being a true hero and champion and not the king stealing the glory like in Oblivion :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks fantastic, I'm still loving Oblivion so this will be amazing, got hundreds of hours on that game without even denting the main story. Would be cool if the Dark Brotherhood return, nothing more fun than running around killing everyone and breaking into houses :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some fans did a QA with Todd Howard from Bethesda..

Highlights:

• Facial structure has been completely redone. You can have face paint.
  • Armour has been changed. Only top and bottom instead of individual pieces like greaves etc..
  • Enchanting is roughly the same. You use soul gems to recharge enchanted things like in Oblivion.
  • You can forge weapons and items and how powerful/potent they are depends on your forging skill.
  • Once again, each city has its own specific architecture to reflect the living style of the area.
  • The construction set will be available to PC users once again.
  • You can get married and your spouse can move into your house. (I'm not completely sold on this one and judging by the mods for Oblivion, the community will only make it worse)

You can read the whole QA on BethBlog.

Another interesting one from Escapist today..

Skyrim design director Todd Howard said that the streamlining of some of the game's systems compared to previous Elder Scrolls games is not about increasing accessibility for new players, but removing confusion for everyone.

For Skyrim, Bethesda has reduced the number of statistics and eliminated certain skills, like Hand to Hand. It wasn't about dumbing things down though, as Howard said that the Elder Scrolls game sold well enough without stripping the complexity out of them.

What Bethesda was trying to avoid, he said, was putting players in a situation where they felt they'd made bad choices. "What happens in Oblivion is you start the game, play for three hours, and then think 'I want to start over, I chose wrong.' So we'd like to sort of alleviate some of that. I also think the controls work better [too] ... it's more elegant."

Article..