We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2's First 10 Minutes of Hell

Elder_of_Lyons

I disagree. I think it's a great game, sure it has its flaws, maybe more than its fare share but it's still a great game and some of those more major flaws will hopefully be fixed sooner or later just like some of the flaws with TDU1.

*dead*

*kicks Mellors dead body*

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

TDU2 without proper hardcore mode is like a car without an engine, sure it looks nice, but you can't go anywhere with it, unless you work hard on it (push the car/bare with the rubbish physics)

BTW we knew it won't have epic awesome GT5 physics (while if it had, it'd be the best game in the universe), but the ones we have now just sucks. I bet I'll enjoy cruising better in NFS Hot Pursuit...

And also the problem is, that they won't try to fix these. Adding Hardcore Mode is like remaking the whole game (not gonna happen), by adding HQ models they'd have to remodel every single car (not gonna happen), improving graphics means remake the whole engine (not gonna happen), changing car sounds: you'd also have to remake the whole game, and take recordings of real cars (not gonna happen).

If you are expecting something good from a patch, then it'll be working windscreen wipers... maybe...

[mod edit:] Please do not swear or use asterisk's to mimic swearing, thanks.

To be honest, I think most people were expecting too much from this game. Just like TDU1, I'm sure there'll be mods and stuff out soon that will make it a bit better.

The things is ... people who play the game on the consoles! There are no mods, and the thing I wanted the most (by far) which is better sense of speed... I don't think many people care about that and I think EDEN doesn't care either. Driving in TDU2 is so painful, you can't feel the car, you can't feel the brakes, the acceleration of those beasts like the Zonda or the GT-R, and AGAIN I am even more mad at it because TDU1 would let you personalize the amount of shake and blur you wanted, also I think the rearview mirrors shouldn't work, because it would be better than having a PS1/Nintendo 64 version of the game playing in them while you drive:D. In the Ascari A10 you just can't miss it:p.

@Ten, I can't say I completely agree with you there. While TDU physics weren't great, they weren't really that bad, either - the cars still had bite in their handling, and cornering was a good balance of sim and arcade. TDU2's developers have been talking for a while now about how they've built the driving physics from scratch for the new game so that they'll be better than the previous one. So, I suppose there is an element of expectation there, but it isn't expectation based on Gran Turismo or any other games. It is expectation which was built up by Eden/Atari staff themselves, who effectively promised a better, more realistic handling model on multiple occasions. We, as players, therefore should expect the developers to deliver on their promises. It's no doubt, then, that people are unhappy with the unrealistic, arcade, feel-lacking handling that has been delivered to us.

I do hasten to add, however, that I haven't played the actual game yet, and all this is based on what I've seen in gameplay videos and heard from journos and other players who've got the game already.

TDU1 promised good physics, did we get them? No.

Just to rant on the people wanting the TDU1 HC mode back, albeit TDU1 do have more sim-like physics, its not like the HC mode is anything like a sim. Wheelspin = realism? Not really.

This could be discussed endlessly, so lets not. TDU2 didnt deliver, TDU1 didn't either. Why are you surprised.

Just an FYI, TDU's servers still attract thousands daily. It did deliver a good game, otherwise so many of us wouldn't be here. TDU delivered.

TDU2, again, it's rough around the edges and i'd have happily waited till june if needs be. TDU was well supported with updates, and I believe that in many areas all the game needs is finishing touches applied, touches which can be applied with updates. TDU2 will probably keep us interested just as effectively as the first did

Guest Sgt.Kanyo
TDU1 promised good physics, did we get them? No.

Just to rant on the people wanting the TDU1 HC mode back, albeit TDU1 do have more sim-like physics, its not like the HC mode is anything like a sim. Wheelspin = realism? Not really.

This could be discussed endlessly, so lets not. TDU2 didnt deliver, TDU1 didn't either. Why are you surprised.

Excuse me, you are saying that 500 BHP + RWD + traction control off will not give wheelspin in real life? A nice little example would be the Venom 1000 (tuned Viper ACR). Has 1000 BHP, RWD and the car still has wheelspin in 4th gear. In 4th gear!!

TDU's Hardcore mode was pretty realistic to me, especially the thing that allowed you to turn off TC. It had understeer, oversteer and you could actually control it, even with a keyboard because of the awesome slowish steering. Sure it wasn't Gran Turismo 5, but I think that was the most realistic thing we could get for PC back then.

So answer to your question: TDU promised realistic physics, did we get them? Yes.

So like, having 50% throttle in a mellow/moderate curve at speed gives you oversteer/wheelspin like it does in the HCM? Oh well, it hasnt happened me in cars with +500 BHP + RWD + traction control off, IRL. About the Venom 1000, ofcourse that cars spins its wheels. That doesent explain why a car with significantly less power(300) does it in 4th gear in the HC mode.

DAT GFORCE BRO

As you are saying yourself, realistic to you. Ive had hundreds of hours on track in highpowered cars, and to me its not accurate. For me, the answer to my question is no. No need to try to troll any further, as i in my post above yours allready explained that im very fond of the physics in TDU1, just because theyre not accurate it doesent mean i cant like it.

Ryzza, i can get my grandmothers 59bhp Ford Fiesta to wheelspin, im sure you can get your Golf to do it too. :P

slushbox ryzza :p

it's not realistic, of course, but it was a lot more believable. In sims you know exactly why something did something... like, in LFS you knew why a car was acting how it was. In HC mode ofcourse it accelerated too fast, and the car was too responsive at speed, and the grip was too low, and there was moon gravity w/e but you still, for the most part, felt like part of the driving experience

• 1 year later...

I got TDU2 awhile back, and I was pretty impressed with the graphic improvement. Sure, dialog and cutscenes arent the best, And it still needs some work, like when I first got the game (PC) and turned on the keyboard in any car, it seemed like the camera would lock up for a second then continue. I was disappointed with the Damage engine, when I hit a pole at 100mp/h the front bumper just hung down. But the online is a bit better, the cars look amazing, I dont think the sounds are too bad, overall, I think it was worth the money I bought it for.