We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ace and other things.

Groovester

So.... I have seen plenty of ACE players and I wonder how can I ever get it. I got 95% done and that means ALL the stuff I couldve done on my own (all the challenges, races in single, car challenges, extras, driving, all the roads, houses......) and now I have around 14 ranked matches left to win, inter club races and win 2 challenges.

Point is, I CANNOT win races since NOONE is racing ranked matches anymore. NOONE. I have a hard time finding people on my own.... And again, noone is left to play around with in clubs and I am the only member of my own club (sad...) and club racing apparently seems to be fcuk'ed....(trade mark xD)

And last but not least, cheaters and ultra-pros beat me every time. Cheaters post times like 0.012s or others on say 6-8 mile tracks which is annoying because I dont even know where to take cheats from.... And pros are just too good to beat. Im not a bad player, Im willing to learn more but I just dont have the level of skill for THIS game - dissappeared over the time I guess, when I didnt have good connection.

Now that I do, things are almost dead.

So how do I do it?

If you're on pc and you don't have the 3 inter-club races done then chances are you will have to restart the game because there is no way you're gonna get ace without it.

Why you may ask is like what you said the clubs are broken, and there's a program that finishes the inter-club races but you'll basically have to start from scratch, here's a link if you're interested in it. :)

Becoming Ace The TDU Tool Kit - Atari Forums

If you need ranked matches and so on most people usually just ask a 'friend' to help them with it, since 99% of the time you won't find anyone racing in it anymore.

imo it isn't really worth it since all you get is that fully shaded crown, but ah well.

Oh well.. You basically said back to me what I did with the exception of TDU toolkit.....

Damn. Isnt there any other kind of cheat?

Sorry for mentioning the frowned upon word but I have been at the same level for what, 3 years?! time when I lost good connection and now I got a better one than I ever had and I cant do anything...

However I am sure that there is a way of getting that 5% left in a less laboursome way.

Say, If I were to download a savegame with THOSE particular challenges finished (not even a 100% one) I could edit in the bits that are missing in my savegame from the other one.

Would that work or is it destined to failure???

Well from what I heard that club races work in lan, so if you have 3 other computers at your house lan, 4 profiles, divided into two clubs, race at the inter-club races. You could try using hamachi, ask 3 other people to help you out doing that but thats unlikely.

You could use hexworkshop to edit out the bits of info, but it would take quite a while, a really really long while.

But hey if you want to go ahead and give a try, here: Hex Workshop: Hex Editor, Sector Editor, Base Converter and Hex Calulator for Windows

The easiest way I see it is to have a donor savegame that's already Ace and transferring info from that savegame to your savegame using hexworkshop, and its actually very easy. That's what I do to my multiple profiles and they're all ace. :p

I could easily help you with it but I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here, sorry.:(

Don't worry I was in the same situation too when I got interested in completing the game, when I was around 90%+ I found out that I couldn't complete it because of the club races, restarted the game from scratch and got ace in 2 weeks or so. :)

It's up to you if its worth it or not.

I have been stuck there for years now. Realising that I will never be able to finish the game and get the satisfaction of 100% completion is at best depressing.

I would like to swap the profile with your 100% version. I got Hex and I did open the file. And I DO see your point about it taking a looooooooong time. What is it? a 100.000 or a 1.000.000 odd and unexplained signs??? !!!!

Well, getting a profile with JUST those races complete wont do me any good anyway as online part of the game is impossible to complete.

I would need a 100% swap.

Only reservation is that I have almost all the cars in the game and I have them as I like them and I got around 56 million in cash that I made honestly through retailing of cars (and not by buying 15 crappy volkswagens and selling them to mates for 10 mil each - HONEST trade on classic, tuned AND milage free vehicles WITH a custom paintjob specified by me - every single one!)

What would I get in your save? Would it be the same? Would it COMPLETELY wipe everything that I have? Will I end up broke with no cars and no races? Or will it be a quick fix :)?

Last thing, what about the save name? I was meaning to change my name online but I couldnt without having to start all over again..... Could I call myself anything this time and swap it for 100% whilst retaining that name?

What would I get in your save? Would it be the same? Would it COMPLETELY wipe everything that I have? Will I end up broke with no cars and no races? Or will it be a quick fix
Your cars will be replaced, as for races it's gonna be all completed already since that's whats required for ace. So if you really want to keep your cars with fancy paint jobs and long miles easiest and longest way is to sell them all to trade and buy them back once its done, just hope that you'll be able to find them back as they don't stay on there forever.

Personally I think you should just start over, I think 2 weeks at most for ace is nothing compared to years.

Last thing, what about the save name? I was meaning to change my name online but I couldnt without having to start all over again..... Could I call myself anything this time and swap it for 100% whilst retaining that name?
Sorry man I don't get what you're trying to say, you mean making a new account and making it 100% yes, as for changing your current profile name online I don't think that's possible unless you make a new profile.

online part of the game is impossible to complete.

Set up some "races" with people you know well or cruise with a lot. That's what I did when I tried to reach ace. They still work its just that nobody ever uses them anymore.

I don't know anyone wll or that even cruises. End of.

Right, Ill set up a new profile, name it like I want to but further I will need that save. Paint jobs, tune ups and all the other things I will redo but I just CANNOT be bothered to drive ALL of the game all over again. I did it already, now Im in it for cruising, and I will probably stop altogether whne TDU2 comes out.

So anyone willing to 'lend' me their file or point me in the right direction?? (towards the file, not the 'right' way of doing this ;))