We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Crashing and low fps all of a sudden

moejr

I am having a problem with my game. I was playing 2 days ago and all of a sudden the game crashed. I rebooted and relaunched and the fps was down to around 8. I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall 3 times and that didn't fix it. I have tested my HD. I thought it was my video card. Changed the card with a known good one. First time I fired it up it hung at the rental office so I did the 3 finger salute and closed out the game and rebooted. I relaunched the game and this time I was able to play but the fps was very erratic dropping down as low as 10 and as high as 40+. Could the CDRom cause this or a bad dvd? The game is not generating a radial.cdb file so I cannot delete that. I tested the HD with Seagate SeaTools and it passed. I did furmark on the video card and at 80c it locked. That card is out now but the game is still being problematic. I am defraging the HD now and I have done a disk clean. Any ideas are greaty appreciated.

Moe

I am having a problem with my game. I was playing 2 days ago and all of a sudden the game crashed. I rebooted and relaunched and the fps was down to around 8. I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall 3 times and that didn't fix it. I have tested my HD. I thought it was my video card. Changed the card with a known good one. First time I fired it up it hung at the rental office so I did the 3 finger salute and closed out the game and rebooted. I relaunched the game and this time I was able to play but the fps was very erratic dropping down as low as 10 and as high as 40+. Could the CDRom cause this or a bad dvd? The game is not generating a radial.cdb file so I cannot delete that. I tested the HD with Seagate SeaTools and it passed. I did furmark on the video card and at 80c it locked. That card is out now but the game is still being problematic. I am defraging the HD now and I have done a disk clean. Any ideas are greaty appreciated.

Moe

Hmm, that's quite weird. If it's not your graphics card, could it be your processor? What are your specs? :hmmm:

My specs are amd phenom 2x2 550 4gig ocz ram asrock mb 250g wd hd. Original video card was a Nvidia gts250 and now it is a 9600gt. I have a corsair 850w ps.

Hmm... doesn't seem that bad. I'm not so sure what might be causing the problem.

Wait 'till some super high-tech guy posts here. :cool:

I have it set to show hidden files and the file isn't where it is supposed to be. It has not been generating the file for a while now. Well before this started. I did a search on my computer and it didn't come up with anything. It's frustrating cause the game was playing great and then it crashed and now I cannot get it to play well at all. None of my hardware had changed. I have tried a different video card a different dvd drive. I am at a loss as to what to try next. I am at eh point I am gonna replace the HD and start fresh

To find the radial.cdb file you need to go into Folder Options, and besides Hidden Files, you also need to untick the box that says 'Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recomended)'.

In my case, once deleted, I created a folder called radial.cdb in the same location, which prevents the game from creating the file, and it all works fine.

I unchecked the box but still no radial.cdb file. I will give an update. I paid the 20 bucks and bought it again but this time the download version. I installed it but still having issues with wild swings in FPS down to less than 10 sometmes. The game never did that.