We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

test Drive Unlimited!

SykL

Hello, I recently joined this forum!

I am currently downloading Test drive unlimited and wondering if this game was fun!

Things that I am worried is the fact that the game is only 3.x GB. and how does the online thing work compared to single player?? I am very confused!! Explain to me what the game is like! Very appreciated :] :chewy:

Online is the same as singleplayer (offline), just with real people driving around.

Unfortunately, right now Test Drive Unlimited is Test Drive Severely Limited as the online servers are down and atari has no clue as to how to fix it(not that they ever did . . .).

Most people, when online is working, just cruise around with each other, dodging AI traffic. The game is so old that we've all done the MP races ad nauseum and are content now with just cruising, either in HC mode, on bikes, or just normal cars in normal mode.

Welcome to the forum, both of you! :welcome: SykL, the online feature is like the offline mode, except you can enter, join, and create clubs, enter diners, and the AI racers ("John" and "Dylan" and whatever) are replaced by real people in your area, like Arc said.

Unfortunately, right now Test Drive Unlimited is Test Drive Severely Limited as the online servers are down and atari has no clue as to how to fix it(not that they ever did . . .).

Actually, the servers go down now and again for a few days, but they're usually back up within three days at the most. Also, the servers are hosted by Gamespy - Atari has nothing to do with it. Give it time, they'll be back. :)

-Leadfoot

;389394']

Actually, the servers go down now and again for a few days, but they're usually back up within three days at the most. Also, the servers are hosted by Gamespy - Atari has nothing to do with it. Give it time, they'll be back. :)

-Leadfoot

Remember when the megapack was released? It seems it was accidentally released a little early, a Friday night if I remember. I was one of the first ones to grab the DL and post pics of them to the atari forum.

Then, all of a sudden, it was down and you couldn't get the megapack from the atari site. It didn't come back till Monday, when it was "officially released".

I think that little incident shows that atari, gamespy, whoever, doesn't do everything correctly all the time, and the little kerfluffle that is currently happening, is just another example.

I always though gamespy only ran the logins/friends list thingy. I've seen an error trying to log in which said something to the effect of no login server found, or some such such do-daddle. Good to know, if atari keeps the TDU1 servers up.

Remember when the megapack was released? It seems it was accidentally released a little early, a Friday night if I remember. I was one of the first ones to grab the DL and post pics of them to the atari forum.

Then, all of a sudden, it was down and you couldn't get the megapack from the atari site. It didn't come back till Monday, when it was "officially released".

I think that little incident shows that atari, gamespy, whoever, doesn't do everything correctly all the time, and the little kerfluffle that is currently happening, is just another example.

I always though gamespy only ran the logins/friends list thingy. I've seen an error trying to log in which said something to the effect of no login server found, or some such such do-daddle. Good to know, if atari keeps the TDU1 servers up.

I think you're making the wrong connection. I also snapped up the megapack on the early release (living in North America isn't always that bad), and was playing online as well. Kalniel even banned me for a few days from the Euro forums for asking for install help when it wasn't out there yet. :cheeky:

But the megapack being allowed online is a different matter. I think Atari sets the servers to comply with TDU's rules or something similar (I'm not too knowledgeable on the specifics), but Gamespy definitely hosts them. So if the server is responding to connection attempts or not is likely a Gamespy issue.

Like I said, give it a few days and it'll probably be back up. With the whole TDU2 release, it may take a little bit longer, but they'll probably be up.

-Leadfoot