We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Won't work in Windows 7 ARGH!!!!

Freddy926

Can anyone help me?:confused: I just got my laptop upgraded to Windows 7 and TDU installed fine and it loaded but it lagged heaps and i was like :holysh: this laggs heaps and i was like:mad::damnit::kbsmash: so i tried using the compatibillity mode feature but now it won't load plz help!!!!

Thanks in advance:D:cheers:

-Freddy 926

Using a Compaq 610 Laptop

:bparty:

What are the specifications of your laptop?

Did you upgrade from XP?

Chances are, if you've upgraded from XP, your laptop is pretty poor compared to today's standards. Windows 7/Vista use a different architecture to Windows XP, and is more resource hungry. We don't notice this "hunger" as our latest machines are much faster.

Best thing you can do is either dual boot XP and 7 or go back to XP.

I already posted specs!????

my specs have been posted look under my veyron profile pic and its 32-bit windows 7 so it can only use 3gb of my 4gb of ram or so i heard somewhere, anyway my laptop is a Compaq 610 bought early last year around 26,27th January it came with vista but i downgraded it to xp and i just now got 7 pro i have left my laptop with its factory specs with exceptions to; the ram; it only came with 2gb it got it upgraded to 4gb; and the OS. But wat I still want to know is; why compatibillity mode made it worse???????????

Laptop would struggle with games a little, not as much as I was expecting, but it will struggle.

Compatibilty mode makes almost everything slower as the computer has to convert the data to something that's "compatible" with previous versions (Though that has rarely worked)

by v-card do you mean video card? and if this is what u were asking the v-card is built-in, maybe if i uprgarde to 64-bit windows my laptop will use all 4gb of its ram?

EDIT 1: Driver prob? For what my CPU, graphics, or what

-Freddy926: Lover of Dancing Smillies

[mod edit:] Please don't spam posts with smilies, thanks!

1. Download and install all the latest drivers for your Video card.

2. Patch up TDU, maybe that'll help

3. Close all running programs when you wanna play TDU. They eat up a lot of resources, and increase your CPU usage. Try closing all those toolbars too.

4. Update your OS, maybe that causes the problems.

Try these steps, and let me know what happened.

-Beany :)