We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Live Chat: GMDestra on TDU2online

ScoobSTi

Ok, so there are a lot of interesting bits here! I know it's very long, but trust me. You'll want to read all of this. Plus, this is only part one. Prohibit has been very kind enough to help me copy down the other Q's and A's while I was gone.

So, read away!

TDU2o Chat

[Today 09:49 PM] Prohibit : BH, would you like to start with the first question?

[Today 09:50 PM] blackhole522 : I was wondering at what rate will DLC come?

[Today 09:52 PM] GMDestra : Ah, good question. To start, the official plans for upcoming DLC haven't been announced yet, so I don't have specific dates just yet, but we should have some announcements coming soon. However, there are a lot of things planned for this year.

[Today 09:52 PM] GMDestra : Should be more than just a couple updates this year. Sorry I can't reveal more yet. First, game launch, then DLC. :)

[Today 09:53 PM] blackhole522 : Ok thanks Destra

(Server failure)

[Today 09:55 PM] Prohibit : Okay, this going in a line thing isn't going to work. I'm going to ask all the questions. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I just wasn't planning on having 150+ people online. Sorry everyone.

[Today 09:57 PM] Prohibit : We know PC users will have an in-game menu for buying DLC content. This will require us to purchase some sort of points or credits online for use in the in-game DLC store. Where do PC users go to buy credits for TDU2 DLC? (zeus_anoxia)?

[Today 09:58 PM] GMDestra : Ah, the website will have functionality to purchase DLC and Atari currency.

[Today 09:58 PM] Prohibit : Awesome, thank you. Next question..

[Today 09:59 PM] Prohibit : Does the PC version of TDU2 use the same Gamespy id system for online play or has that been changed?? If it has, what is the new online system?? Any chance we will see Steamworks available? (zeus_anoxia)

[Today 10:00 PM] GMDestra : The PC version uses the Atari account infrastructure. So you'll sign in and add friends using the same account information you use at testdriveunlimited2.com

[Today 10:00 PM] Prohibit : Nice. :)

[Today 10:00 PM] Prohibit : Once a player visits Oahu for the first time, how does his/her cars reach Oahu? (ScoobSTi)

[Today 10:00 PM] GMDestra : The good news about that: if you had an account in beta, you'll keep the same account and handle you had in beta.

[Today 10:01 PM] Prohibit : Oh, awesome.

[Today 10:01 PM] GMDestra : You'll have access to all your cars whether you're on Oahu or Ibiza. If you fly from one island to another, you'll find your current car waiting for you at the airport.

[Today 10:02 PM] Prohibit : What vehicle modifications are available? How extensive are they?

[Today 10:04 PM] GMDestra : In regards to performance modifications, Speed, Acceleration, and Braking are upgraded separately. Most cars start with each component at level 1, and can usually be upgraded to level 4.

[Today 10:05 PM] GMDestra : For customization, you can change the rims, the paint colors (1 or 2 tone), paint type (i.e. metallic, matte, etc), the interior material, interior color, plus there are a ton of different Stickers you can place on your car.

[Today 10:05 PM] Prohibit : What is the vehicle resale system like?

[Today 10:06 PM] GMDestra : You can sell your vehicles back to the dealers. You're automatically prompted to do this if your garages are full. I haven't found out the other way to do it yet, since I buy a lot of cars and my garage is always full. :)

[Today 10:09 PM] Prohibit : Give me just a moment, i'm going to get an IRC server setup. I want members to be able to be active in this. :)

[Today 10:09 PM] GMDestra : No worries. :)

[Today 10:10 PM] iLLGT3 : You run the facebook page don

[Today 10:10 PM] iLLGT3 : don't you?

[Today 10:11 PM] GMDestra : Yeah, TDU2 Facebook, @TDU2, @atari_destra, and GMDestra on the forums.

[Today 10:18 PM] Disputed : How long do storms last?

[Today 10:21 PM] GMDestra : The weather is unpredictable. It's designed to feel natural and realistic. So basically it varies.

[Today 10:21 PM] x DuNk : How come the TVR Sagaris does not have the second wheels to buy and the Dark Fantasy paint job like it did in TDU1?

[Today 10:22 PM] GMDestra : That's a good question DuNk. I actually don't know if there is a specific reason for that, or if it simply didn't make it into release due to time and resource constraints.

[Today 10:23 PM] blackhole522 : You can make your own two-tone paint jobs though xDunk

[Today 10:23 PM] x DuNk : Okay, thanks.

[Today 10:24 PM] iLLGT3 : I assume you are a car guy yourself Destra?

[Today 10:24 PM] x DuNk : If it's like TDU1, it won't be like the factory color, which was my favorite. oh well.

[Today 10:25 PM] GMDestra : Well I won't lie and say I'm an expert on engines or aerodynamics, but I must say that the best part of my job is taking pictures of nice cars for hours on end. :)

(Switch to Xat chatbox) (Lol.)

Note: I typed this all up myself! I couldn't copy + paste, so I might've abbreviated or shortened some answers/questions.

Disputed: Are the servers like TDU1 where if you go to far from a friend, you switch servers?

Destra: Ther server technology is a bit different this time around - hard to make a direct comparison. But basically you'll always know where your friends are if you go to the map screen. And if you get close, you'll see each other. Tbh, most of the time I played, I had my own server, so my knowledge of the social features is limited to designed docs and discussions with QA.

Cheesy: will hazards be implemented and will wipers be implemented later? also, is the one-77 a club car? i saw it in a regular game in a video with no club.

Destra: hazards are represented by your brake lights blinking on and off in rhythm (lets you know if player has paused game)

Destra: about wipers, they aren't in release version. Haven't seen plans to add them into the game. But there are rain drops on the windshield

Cheesy: And the One-77?

Destra: Club cars are exclusive to players who earned the club-specific objectives, I don't know off hand if the One-77 is an official club car.

Scoob: Can the HUD be fully turned off?

Destra: Can't be disabled during gameplay. You can take photos, doesn't include HUD.

Destra: Disabling HUD is on our list of top user interface feedback

Scoob: Will the GPS retain the TDU1 style GPS' functionality? (Zooming, following)

Destra: Haven't seen option to zoom. What do you mean by following?

Scoob: I believe there was a follow feature where you could follow a certain player on the GPS

Destra: Haven't tested that out yet.

TDU2Lover: 1) Can we switch the cameras and walk around in 3rd person?

Destra: Turn signals in dash, not in game. We know A LOT of people want them. Definitely aware of how important it is

Destra: You can see your character in 3rd person when waving, etc. During emotes.

TDU2Lover: Can we race for pinkslips? Or give our friends or car clubs cars or money?

Destra: In SP campaign, you'll race opponents for their pink slips. All NPC's have customized cars that you'll want.

TDU2Lover: Same for online?

Destra: In MP, function to trade or sell cars isn't in right now. Plans to implement these featuers aren't confirmed yet. Hope to have something to announce soon.

Mr.FRESH: Why didn't Eden use real car sounds for some cars?

Destra: Sounds are designed to be as real as possible. Within limits of development costs.

Mr.F: Will we see another island as DLC?

D: Many of the cars sound incredibly realistic. But if there is a specific car you think should be improved, post in feedback forum once game is launched.

D: (Referring to island) Classified info!

Mr.F: ANY chance of Lambo at all?

D: We're focused on getting the most out of the current licenses we have. If we are able to acquire additional manufacturer licenses, trust me that we'll let you know right away.

DuNk: when you mark location for GPS, will GPS take you down off-road paths if it's the fastest?

Destra: Yes! GPS will guide you along *known* off-road paths.

DuNk: Way to turn off damage for free ride?

Destra: No, you can reset damage by entering an event.

END PART ONE!

Please reserve next post for Prohibit if he decides to give me the rest. Or I might just post it here as well.

(It's getting pretty late now, I cbb to fix this up now. I'll get back to editing the chat tomorrow afternoon when I get back from school and picking up TDU2!)

Unfortunately, I didn't know that you couldn't copy and paste... After Scoob left we did a Free For All, GMDestra was just replying left and right.. no way I could keep up. Sorry if you didn't make it :(

Ah, well that's ok then. I think there's enough info on there right now. Thanks anyway! :)