We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC Perfomance/Graphics Optimization?

H4milton

for ref purposes since its bcome that kinda thread

i play at 1920x1080 @ 2xAA, high env, all other very high and get more than playable FPS everywhere. if i put env to very high i get a stutter every so often tho

i have HD 4870, Q8200 2.33ghz and 4gb RAM on Win 7 :)

I just posted this in another thread, but it also fits here very well. This graph will show you which resolution and graphics settings you can use with which graphics card/processor. Copied from gamestar.de.

"Mittel" means medium graphics settings, "Sehr Hoch" means very high graphics settings.

EDIT: I'll just explain again how this is supposed to be used, to avoid confusion ;)

Look up your graphic card [1], processor (CPU) [2] and RAM [3]. You will be able to run the game using the settings corresponding to the color of your components. If graphic card and CPU are in different colors, the color of the CPU is decisive.

Yellow: You can run the game in a resolution of 1280x800 with graphics quality set to Medium.

Light green: You can run the game in a resolution of 1680x1050 with graphics quality set to Very High.

Dark green: You can run the game in a resolution of 1920x1080 with graphics quality set to Very High with 8xAntiAliasing (AA).

attachment.php?attachmentid=14790&d=1297697382

Is an N250GTS vid card gud enuff?:confused:

Im running with a Core2Duo E7500, 4GB DDR2 800mhz(Dual channel), GTS 250 512MB and windows 7 64bit. Runnin maxed out, Get a little lag now and again but the rest of the time its absoloutly fine :)

a broad google search ("overclock" or so ) will tell u all u need but, if u dont know about OCing already i wouldnt recommend it. well it depends

the pros are, overclocking makes whatever u overclock faster (graphics card, cpu or ram)

the con is, if u dont do it right u can end up with an unstable system (crashing etc) or if u get it really wrong ur parts can like explode. well overheat and break any way

oh also even if u do get it right (its finding a balance of heat/performance with no instability) its sure to bring the lifespan of ur cpu down

if u have the money/were intending to upgrade ur CPU any way i say do it! the best that can happen is u get a much faster CPU the worst is it breaks

otherwise dont mess i say! ive messed a lot but never OCd (dont hav money to pay for any mistakes)

TDU2 don't support SLI... well normally... one GPU is ~98% other ~15%....

other games like GTAIV,Crysis loads gpu's the same %.. like GPU1 50% GPU2 50% and runs great...

i hope nvidia will release new drivers so that TDU2 can support sli properly.. or Atari/Eden releases patch that fixes this issue