We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Worth it?

XxZanza LabzxX

Physics are better than I was expecting from judging other peoples opinion. I love the game!!! SLR 722 Roadster is AMAZING!!!

+1. Took it for a drive in kaleoke pass (or something like that, the mountain road), it's amazing.

And the game, it's like it was with new Honda Civic, love it, or hate it.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Jesus...

Anyway I'm changing my opinion. Don't buy it not even for the PC, no mods can fix the physics, and they won't release anything. If you want this game for driving experience (like you should), you'll only be disappointed.

Sure, I think so. There's always going to be complaints about every awaited game, because everyone has "Is it worth it" thoughts and look for the negatives. Sure, the physics may not be the same as GT5 or FM3, but they're sure as hell better than TDU1 (speaking from an X360 player, can't speak for G25 use).

The graphics are great, the day/night cycle is a nice aspect, the cars are detailed (with better sounds than the first TDU, but again, not GT5/FM3 level), there's a lot to do, a lot of furniture to furnish your house with, a lot of houses, a lot of cars, a lot of clothes. I think it's great, but if you're looking for a simulation (which appears to be what a lot of TDU2 players with complaints are looking for), then look past TDU2. If you want a huge, open world, with lots to interact with, lots to do and lots of places to go, then you shouldn't be too unhappy with TDU2.

been playing since release day on pc (steam copy), had some ups and downs with the control biding (had to drop the gamepad and play on keyboard till i buy another gamepad), but yesterday me and my friends managed to meet up online for a cruise...

Ferrari F458, Audi R8 and a Nissan GT-R.

We started in later afternoon beginning of the night, near the Asian Cars dealer, and drove back to where the beta test house was. Gotta say it as incredible due the fact that we when we made our trip with the night weather coming in, completely changing the landscape. For that moment i could overlook all the bugs and realize that TDU was still a great game.

Physics are better than I was expecting from judging other peoples opinion. I love the game!!! SLR 722 Roadster is AMAZING!!!

it surely is! of course it has bugs and quirks but for $40 (CAD), IMO it's a no brainer really :D

+1 The physics took some getting used to, but once I did it's one of the best games I've ever played and that's my opinion.

The game is great, even with all of the bugs/glitches, it is still a great game overall. The physics do take some time getting used to, but when you are used to them, the game is quite enjoyable. I started driving around looking for new roads and before I knew it 100 miles went by and I was really enjoying the game.

As for the modding, I would wait until a patch is released before even attempting to mod the game. Even then, I wouldn't mod the game, I like it just the way it is and will like it more when and if they patch it.

@Sgt.Kanyo, if you want a realistic/simulated driving experience, go play FM3 or GT5 and let us who can appreciate the game for what it is, (a game where some simulation is compromised for a fun mediterranian/pacific island experience with your friends) enjoy it.

@Sgt.Kanyo, if you want a realistic/simulated driving experience, go play FM3 or GT5 and let us who can appreciate the game for what it is, (a game where some simulation is compromised for a fun mediterranian/pacific island experience with your friends) enjoy it.

THAAANK YOU.

Sure, I think so. There's always going to be complaints about every awaited game, because everyone has "Is it worth it" thoughts and look for the negatives. Sure, the physics may not be the same as GT5 or FM3, but they're sure as hell better than TDU1 (speaking from an X360 player, can't speak for G25 use).

The graphics are great, the day/night cycle is a nice aspect, the cars are detailed (with better sounds than the first TDU, but again, not GT5/FM3 level), there's a lot to do, a lot of furniture to furnish your house with, a lot of houses, a lot of cars, a lot of clothes. I think it's great, but if you're looking for a simulation (which appears to be what a lot of TDU2 players with complaints are looking for), then look past TDU2. If you want a huge, open world, with lots to interact with, lots to do and lots of places to go, then you shouldn't be too unhappy with TDU2.

Have we been playing the same game :oook:? I fiddled with the settings for hours, its a no go. In TDU1 you were able to know where a car's limit was, here you can't. I agree with the rest (graphics, a lot to do) but the driving makes it a no-joy sort of game. It's like playing Crysis with waterpistols and a clown nanosuit.

I really guess it is down to a personal opinion,taste.But i dont think the playability factor will last as long as tdu1.

I think any real driving game fan will give it a miss.

What I think too.

In the end I'd say try it before you buy it. If you don't care for how cars handle then you may enjoy or even love it. If however, you like to drive in TDU thinking your Clarkson and burn some rubber and scream "POWAAAA", you're going to hate it.

I'd say it's not worth any money. Physics are nowhere good as the last game, storyline absolutely painful to go through, voice acting just tears my heart apart. Cars are nothing but a "side quest" so to say, facebook with cars as an addition, with very little attention to how the cars should drive. As if the developers took their understanding of what it is to be driving a car from just playing with toy cars when they were little.

Other than that, get it, then either hate it or love it. There is no middle ground here.