We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Only things that bother me.

Upstairs Chris

Of course there are a lot of things that bother me... but definitely the most annoying one is the sense of speed. If I had the chance to change one thing, even more than the engine sounds and number of cars was the sense of speed, very bad, very bad. Unfortunately, I do mean it, this is not a TDU2 problem.

I don't know if it is for playability's sake but no game to date has done a great job in sense of speed. If you could put some games together, then it could be great, like the in-car action in Midnight Club, plus the sense of the car weight in GT5, plus thee NFS Shift camera effects, that would be great.

TDU1 really had those great Blur Effect and Shake Camera options. Really nice options! That should be done again. Maybe switch off some of the effects for the most difficult races but then turn them up again for cruising time, just for a little more emotion!:D

Here is a sense of speed wishlist:

-More overall trembling (most roads aren't as plain as the Circuit the La Sarthe:cheeky:)

-More feeling to the Suspensions.

-More shaking when speeding.

-Better feeling for when accelerating, braking or changing gears in order to simulate the force envolved in those actions. (:(In TDU2, specially when driving certain cars like SUVs, you just can't feel the acceleeration, there is no effect on the car or the camera.)

-More blur in turns, when moving your head, in the road,etc.

-Better and gradual wind sounds. (Wind sounds for when oncoming traffic passes, specially trucks and buses that cause a lot of trembling and loud wind sound in reality.)

-More cockpit action (Steering wheel turning more than 75º or so, less stiff animations, etc.)

-More difference in sounds between having windows Up or Down.

-Ultimately more roaring engine sounds, specially in higher revs and smoother gear changing (Also they should remove that annoying "ploc" sound that you hear whenever you change a gear.)

Please don't take this as complaining, its just a bunch of ideas to improve something that I think is the worse thing all racing games have. Developers have done great scenarios, near perfect cars, excellent physics, good handling but it seems the sense of speed is always compromised. TDU2 lets us experience real open roads, so, to have a good sense of speed, it would add much more depth and realism.:thumbsup:

The thing that annoys me is that they left all the online mode stuff in even when you are playing with a offline profile, what is the point of leaving all those multiplayer races lying around the islands when the active profile is offline.

They still have the interupted GPS screen sitting in the corner, I want to see where i'm going without races and other stuff popping up and interupting my veiw of the gps.

Traffic has a weird idea of where your car is, 50% of the time traffic drive into your car when trying to dodge it and i've seen traffic somehow driving in the wrong lane.

TDU2 is a solid improvement.. your not the only one to highlight these problems.

Really, theres nothing you can do about it lmao.

So Stop Complaining :lol:

Excuse me? Last time I checked a forum was a place to discuss ideas on a particular topic, and I intend to do just that. Oh, and Really there is nothing you can do about it, so go troll somewhere else.

I know TDU2 is a solid improvement. I never said it wasn't, or insinuated that the game was somehow broken or need correction. I am enjoying the game very much and will for a long time, but the things I pointed out are just silly decisions made by the developers, or possibly just small details that were over looked. I mean what game takes out trivial, but much appreciated features like adjustable seat position and custom stations. Gone for no apparent reason.

Also with the bookmark thing, the dialog box clearly says, "Press A to edit" yet when you do that you can just move it. So in actuality that's not a complaint, but more a bug report.

Also with the bookmark thing, the dialog box clearly says, "Press A to edit" yet when you do that you can just move it. So in actuality that's not a complaint, but more a bug report.

Hehehehe:thumbsup:! That is so lame, I wanted to bookmark my photo locations and edit them to write the Hour, Car or Weather and there is no option to edit it!:confused: Right now I have to be waiting hours and hours going back and forth to every photo location because I forget the time and weather.

mmm i dont know. did u play hot pursuit or world (newest NFS i think) or shift for that matter they all suck wayyyy harder than tdu2

as for jumps and drifts, have u ever actually jumped or drifted a car?

im no expert but to my knowledge drifting requires a drift spec car (none in this game afaik) with very hard tyres and possibly even specific surfaces. u cant just drift with any old stock car?

iv not driven a whole lot but ive been driven a hell of a lot by good drivers in fast cars including some power slides and i gota say this game feels about right as far as handbrake and lift off physics go. all the physics actually with the exception of downhill, where i find myself spinning out frequently where i should not be spinning out but i think thats caused by sharp little drops in the road that like put ur car onto "just landed a jump" physics

i *think*

I've Drifted my 2.7L Charger with 175HP and, stock tires.. Im 146% Sure its not a drift spec car by anymeans.

But yes, the Physics S.U.C.K! with another capital SUCK! In anything other then a AWD car with 10 hp, every time I go near a corner at ANY speed, I get immedite un-controllable oversteer. This game has made me throw a controller across the room because of it. Plus the Gearbox Auto or, Manual is pure rubbish. If the gear box was a drunken old man with no hands he could change gears faster, Smoother, and choose the proper gear. Did you know in TDU2 if you do a smoking start and, hit the brakes, you go into neutral?!?! What the hell?! Also I was driving a CCXR when I went around a corner slowly so I wouldn't spin because of the crap physics, hit the gas on the striaght in 1st, it changed to second, then first.... Then second. So I hit the brakes then Neutral. Back to first, then we were good after that. I Think a masssssive patch needs to come..

The Alfa 8C Spyder bothers me, every time I try to take a corner(even going slow) it spins out..

Same with Viper, CLK Black, Any Zonda, V8 Vantage, R8 4.2, DB9 Tankslaps like a beast. So much so you may aswell just let go of the controller when it happens. Thats all I've found so far im sure theres more..