We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Shift 2 Unleashed

Ryzza5

No graphics issues here - everything is maxed out at 1080p. 60FPS cap normally, and 30FPS cap when recording.

I hate EA. I got fps issues when i used the ingame AA. Now I can force 8x AA from the nVidia Control Panel, and not get any fps issues at max -.- ... Also, to repeat my question, anyway to control the stupid ingame photomode without a numpad? I hatez it as my comp has no num pad.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite interested in this game but then I get the thought hanging around in the back of my head that makes me think that in essence it'll be just like every other racing game with no features to make it stand out from the rest.

Graphics look decent, not entirely convinced about physics from the videos I've watch, car-list is samey.

I've done the first few career mode events, but I've been hooked on just doing my own custom Quick Races in Shift 2.

Physics are good once you get the wheel settings just right (which took me quite a few goes + a small mod).

One question - HOW THE HELL CAN YOU DRIFT IN THIS GAME?

I'm playing on a steering wheel. 30 min of adjusting settings in game options, and still nothing, steering is way too sensitive. I have the same wheel settings as in the Shift 1, and in Shift 1 I have no problem with drifting, but in Shift 2, for example, I try to drift in the left side, I'm sliding, and when I'm oversteering wheels to the right side I'm quickly doing a spin or hitting into barriers (I can't explain it better). It's really pissing me off, I've tried to learn to drift for almost 2 hours and I just can't.

Try my settings in the first post.

I haven't done any drift events yet, but in races have been able to hold slides.

Also keep in mind, in the OpTions - Controls scree, the there's a separate slider for the degrees of rotation when in Drift mode. As a VIP, I also was awarded a Mazda RX8 'Drift Edition' car, so maybe choice of car is a factor as well.

I've done GT1 and got that SUMO POWER GT-R R35 GT1.I think that s2u is 100% better than s1.Drift sux,or I sux at drifting,but GT1,GT3 and Endurance races are fantastic.Car list isn't that big,it does need more cars if you are car collector,which I am not,so no drama at that point as well.Atm I have over 1k miles on my DBRS9,and 500 miles on C6.R and Falken GT3 RSR,and I am level 19.Just to describe how strong effect this game had on me,I will tell you that I deleted TDU2 to make memory for photos and videos.Anyway,time to get that M3 ALMS...

You should really get another HDD then :p

I'm loving the Porsche GT3 RS in the game, I must say - I've not progressed much further than that class of car yet - just enjoying what I've got before moving onto something faster.

[+] Some more pics:

shift2u%202011-04-10%2022-34-25-09.png.jpg

shift2u%202011-04-10%2022-34-29-80.png.jpg

shift2u%202011-04-10%2022-34-32-21.png.jpg

Nice driving Ozz - your heart must've skipped a beat @ 6:36 I reckon ;)

Have you installed that small physics mod that makes the cars less 'floaty'? Link is in first post.

actually it did it in 8:16 :P. I've tried that mod but I find that makes drifting impossible. I only have problems with certain cars like gt3.

I've tried that mod but I find that makes drifting impossible.

I've got that mod and the driving still isn't perfect, and drifting is still impossible :cheeky:

Exige has some serious problems too that I hear have been common for other people...

I guess if I can be bothered to do that race again, I'll turn the SC on just for that.

Ryzza, I wish I could just teleport you to my house sometimes :) So you can look at my settings, test drive my rig and make it all drive properly!

Ryzza, I wish I could just teleport you to my house sometimes :) So you can look at my settings, test drive my rig and make it all drive properly!

Wouldn't you rather just teleport to my place and play on my setup? :p

Teleports would be awesome though - I'd have already visited UK by now I reckon if they were popular.