We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Is it possible to remove a car skin from a mod?

Kurgan777

The new Ferrari 599 China Edition that just got converted from TDU-2 has the UGLIEST paintjob I've ever seen on a Ferrari, which is unfortunate because it has one of the best interiors for a 599 to date.

Is there a way to remove the skin or at least make it 100% transparent so I don't have to look at that ugly cracked china paintjob???

Well it looks like I'll have to do things the hard way, are there any texture guideline maps floating around for TDU-2 cars? Even just basic racing stripes would look better at this point.

I can look at the existing texture and get a basic idea of what goes where, but it would be easier to work with in photoshop if I had a proper wireframe guidemap for the 599.

I tried that, I wasn't able to change the car color at the paintshop after that.

I tried using one of the 1x1 pixel textures, and all I got was the same color as the interior.

If I could find the actual wireframe "map" to the skin, to let me know which parts went where on the texture, I could spend a bit of time in photoshop making a new skin. Something like the Ferrari Challenge stripes, maybe a color option for the roof or hood, anything would be better than a cracked china pattern.

Isn't there any way to just "recompile" the BNK without the texture in it?